Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 08:42 AM

12 posts, read 8,851 times

Advertisements

Congrats to those who are moving in and/or hearing back! If I could share a tip(s), have the mindset that it is yours and it will be yours AND patience is your best friend.

I wanted to come on here and let those who are still playing "the waiting game" with this lottery know that there still seems to be empty apartments in 2943 (the one facing the water) and some on 19th street. I am facing the water and whenever I am walking home and look towards the building there seems to be obviously unoccupied apartments on various floors.

I also managed to get a unit, thankfully facing the water, and for a first time lottery apartment winner (60% AMI/1BR/1,0XX), I can do with the firework displays and view of the lights of the parachute tower and I wake up every day grateful and in awe. Now to the observations...

Has been some weeks since I have moved in and I remembered to remind myself to share with you all some of the gems that were shared to me by the property manager when I went to do my inspection tour late July.

- This specific building is Phase 1 (obviously), of a 3 phase project. The other two phases are also alongside Surf Avenue but under different developments so he was unable to tell me too much. He did say though that the second phase will have less units and will be mainly for supported services communities. The last phase is (if I am not mistaken), across the street or a couple blocks down from Coney Island Avenue/Stillwell Avenue train station, diagonal from Nathans.

- This building is relatively far from any markets and if I am not mistaken (I have not explored much besides walking down west of Mermaid Avenue looking for a beauty supply store LOL) Stop & Shop is your nearest locale to get food and that's a 15 minutes walk crossing the mini bridge north of Cropsey Avenue.

- Amenities: 2 in-building laundry rooms, a fitness room, a community room and a terrace, a spacious mailroom and what seems to be Amazon or some other third party lockers.

I am trying to think of anything else but thus far these have been some of my observations and honestly what people have been writing about this building so far rings true. As for videos + pictures, I don't have many of me prior to decorating and moving in as it was RUSHED once they said I needed to move in by August 1st and had to leave my old spot around the same time but think: standard rooms, grey hardwood floors, BIG windows, central A/C, stainless steel appliances, decent sized closets, need light fixtures for bedroom(s) and living room, there are ceiling lights in the hallway, bathroom and kitchen but NOTHING beats the natural lighting during the day)

Last edited by nobodyknows917; 08-24-2022 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: adding helpful #s/attributes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 3,122 times
Sure will!

Old 08-24-2022, 06:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,075 times
Received my approval as well! Signed my lease today and will receive keys 9/2!

Old 08-24-2022, 06:48 PM

9 posts, read 5,971 times
Congrats! You guys are giving me hope.

Old 03-22-2023, 03:55 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitentertainment View Post
I moved in August 1. Love the apartment. The best thing is not having roommates any further.
These 2 buildings required to give 15% of the units/apts to homeless (nothing wrong with homeless cuz it could happen to all of us BUT the problem is these applicants have mental health issues ex: drug addicts etc and this building has supportive service for them ... from my experiences I wouldn't want to live in that environment) .
How is the situation now? I'm not sure if the 15% is fill up yet ... I just know these 2 building are still not fill up for all their units yet .

Old 03-24-2023, 09:20 AM

20 posts, read 21,921 times
Hey everyone I don’t live there but my best friend does and it’s horrible dealing with the supportive living community. They constantly steal packages and dirty the lobbies. What makes it even worst is that management does the bare minimum. They rarely clean and if they do it’s only noticeable if the mess is a spill. Week after week there’s spit on the walls and old cigarettes/blunts in the lobby. The building could’ve done without them . I feel bad for saying that but it’s a tough situation.

Old 03-24-2023, 11:25 AM

200 posts, read 219,103 times
any pics/video?

Old 04-01-2023, 09:26 AM

9 posts, read 4,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead0214 View Post
Hey everyone I don’t live there but my best friend does and it’s horrible dealing with the supportive living community. They constantly steal packages and dirty the lobbies. What makes it even worst is that management does the bare minimum. They rarely clean and if they do it’s only noticeable if the mess is a spill. Week after week there’s spit on the walls and old cigarettes/blunts in the lobby. The building could’ve done without them . I feel bad for saying that but it’s a tough situation.
Yes so true I’m a tenant there and it’s unbelievable. I had no idea supportive housing was in the building though, that definitely explains some of the questionable looking people I’ve seen in the building. It’s so sad how the laundry rooms look too they’re a mess always and people stay leaving clothes in them. I know the market rate tenants are pissed and I am too this is not how I want my building to be. It was just built in 2021!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: