Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2024, 08:39 AM

29 posts, read 12,973 times

Advertisements

I havent opened this forum in a while but wow I’m impressed on how quick they’re actually moving right now.
Just wanted to update you guys. I’m officially moving in at march 1st. I will be sending my security deposit and first month rent very soon. The whole building inside is wrapped up in plastic still. Majority of the building is pretty much done tho. I ended up getting a 2bed 2bath apartment. I wasn’t expecting a second bathroom in the master bedroom lol so it was nice to see. Crossing my fingers for all of you guys. Can’t wait to meet y’all one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2024, 08:47 AM

115 posts, read 70,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moods8200 View Post
I havent opened this forum in a while but wow I’m impressed on how quick they’re actually moving right now.
Just wanted to update you guys. I’m officially moving in at march 1st. I will be sending my security deposit and first month rent very soon. The whole building inside is wrapped up in plastic still. Majority of the building is pretty much done tho. I ended up getting a 2bed 2bath apartment. I wasn’t expecting a second bathroom in the master bedroom lol so it was nice to see. Crossing my fingers for all of you guys. Can’t wait to meet y’all one day.
Congratulations!!! Did you see the amenities? Please tell me how they all were! When I toured none of that stuff was done yet. I’m particularly interested in the children’s play room and roof

Old 02-10-2024, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
Congratulations!!! Did you see the amenities? Please tell me how they all were! When I toured none of that stuff was done yet. I’m particularly interested in the children’s play room and roof
I wasn’t able to see any amenities, just the apartment. The elevators were nice tho lol. The super of the building showed us our apartment. What I did notice was the apartments we toured last may had washer dryers in them already but our apartment didn’t have them. There’s a closet for them but nothing in the closet.

Old 02-10-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I wasn’t able to see any amenities, just the apartment. The elevators were nice tho lol. The super of the building showed us our apartment. What I did notice was the apartments we toured last may had washer dryers in them already but our apartment didn’t have them. There’s a closet for them but nothing in the closet.
Like they took them out??

Old 02-10-2024, 11:48 AM

534 posts, read 418,348 times
Quote:
I believe that not all the units in the building are fully completed at this time. The unit you were shown in May was likely one of the few ready for display, as the leasing office was required to show a representative unit to you.

Between now and your lease start date, it's likely that they will finish installing washer and dryer units, along with any other incomplete features or amenities in your unit. By the time you move in they should be completed but it doesnt hurt to check with leasing team and ensure that they will have everything installed and completed before your move in date

Old 02-10-2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I believe that not all the units in the building are fully completed at this time. The unit you were shown in May was likely one of the few ready for display, as the leasing office was required to show a representative unit to you.

Between now and your lease start date, it's likely that they will finish installing washer and dryer units, along with any other incomplete features or amenities in your unit. By the time you move in they should be completed but it doesnt hurt to check with leasing team and ensure that they will have everything installed and completed before your move in date
You know what, you could be totally right because there
wasn’t a refrigerator either. They’ll probably bring in the appliances very soon.

Old 02-10-2024, 05:17 PM

21 posts, read 14,242 times
Man you guys have definitely helped my anxiety! Currently re-submitted documents to Rikki when tenant selection resumed haven’t heard anything back yet.

Log # 4xx no CB but a ME 80% 2 bedroom and it seems they are getting the gp done, cb, now fingers crossed this week is for the ME lol just would love that March 1st move in! Sending positivity to those in same boat, further, and behind in the process.

Seems theres others with log # close so im praying that email comes Monday lol

Old 02-10-2024, 09:04 PM

7 posts, read 3,334 times
Congrats to those who have heard back!!! Fingers crossing for the rest of us, I have been so curious to what the next steps are. I'm log #4xx no CB and I hope to get the 80% 1 bd. This is my first time moving out so this would be such an amazing dream come true for me, but hoping we all hear some good news soon!

Old 02-13-2024, 07:52 AM

41 posts, read 39,284 times
Those of you who were contacted to tour the apartment, how did the agency reach out to schedule it? Phone, email, text?

Just wondering if I need to start answering the phone every time I get a spam call.

Old 02-13-2024, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap View Post
Those of you who were contacted to tour the apartment, how did the agency reach out to schedule it? Phone, email, text?

Just wondering if I need to start answering the phone every time I get a spam call.
For me, back in May, every time they contacted me, they called first. They used an NYC number but the way it came through on my phone was kinda weird, like it was a spoof-number or Google number. Definitely answer any NYC calls you get! If I didn't answer, they would email me right away, but it seems like they prefer calls (or at least did back in May)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery