Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 10:14 AM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi View Post
Hi,

Thanks for this information!

I have no personal property right now. But In the future, I plan to buy a house. In the meantime, I got a low log# from Lindsey park Mitchel Lama to buy a one-bedroom condo. I heard there are benefits if you buy a house for the first time.

That's why I need to preserve first-time buyer benefits.

Any advise...
My strong suggestion is pursue Lindsey Park with optimism and energy. It seems like an excellent value for the money, and you will need very good luck to get another such opportunity anytime soon if ever. The buy-in and maintenance are very low. Perhaps, while you are living there you can bank much money for your next home purchase.

Keep in mind until you buy the co-op, you can change your mind and still be a first time home buyer.

I have more advice but will stop for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2023, 11:14 AM

160 posts, read 119,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
My strong suggestion is pursue Lindsey Park with optimism and energy. It seems like an excellent value for the money, and you will need very good luck to get another such opportunity anytime soon if ever. The buy-in and maintenance are very low. Perhaps, while you are living there you can bank much money for your next home purchase.

Keep in mind until you buy the co-op, you can change your mind and still be a first time home buyer.

I have more advice but will stop for now.

Thank you so much!

Old 01-02-2023, 05:23 PM

93 posts, read 76,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
I was wondering the same. I've got a mid log # for Strycker's Bay 2 bdrm list but I haven't received any application in the mail as yet. If they don't come in the next week or so, I'm guessing we'll get something early in the new year after the holidays.

Nini, have you gotten anything in the mail yet? I haven't either and I'm starting to worry!

Old 01-02-2023, 07:09 PM

881 posts, read 1,369,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontworryboutathing View Post
Nini, have you gotten anything in the mail yet? I haven't either and I'm starting to worry!
I did get the application in the mail last week. It says I have to send it back in with a $75 deposit by the end of this month. Check your mail for a letter from TRS, Tudor Realty Services. The USPS mail is normally slow and the holidays have probably slowed things down even more but if you got a log # on the ML website, I'm sure they will mail you the application so that you can hold your spot. Keep us posted!

Old 01-03-2023, 08:54 AM

111 posts, read 100,424 times
Interesting. Does everyone get an application, like even if your log number is the last number? Then you send $75 and wait 10 years?

Old 01-03-2023, 02:39 PM

881 posts, read 1,369,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post
Interesting. Does everyone get an application, like even if your log number is the last number? Then you send $75 and wait 10 years?
Pretty much! lol everyone who gets a log number does get an application and has the option of sending it back with the $75 application fee to be added to the wait list and wait an indeterminate amount of time. That's how it goes for the most part. Something you do and forget about it, and if you're lucky, you won't wait 10 years, but a 10 year wait is not unheard of, especially for the coops. I think the rentals move a bit quicker but it's still not quick enough for someone who needs to move right now or in the near future.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:12 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post
$75 is a low cost when you consider that value you will get if you get a unit. Wait times are hard to judge from place to place. Some lucky people for certain buildings have gotten units the same year as the lottery, others wait many years.

If nobody moves out or dies the list does not move at all. A building or development with thousands of units would tend to have a faster moving wait list than a building with just dozens of units. A building or development in very desirable location would tend to have a slow moving list compared to an out of the way location.

My sense is that 2022 saw a lot of movement in Mitchell Lamas perhaps do to stalls earlier in the C19 era.

Old 01-04-2023, 10:40 PM

Still no application in the mail! I'm actually getting nervous. I've been calling and nobody picks up--maybe they're still on break?

Old 01-06-2023, 09:42 AM

8 posts, read 7,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontworryboutathing View Post
Still no application in the mail! I'm actually getting nervous. I've been calling and nobody picks up--maybe they're still on break?
I'm having the same issue! No hint of a letter but I've had my log number online for a bit. I hope someone answers the phone at Strykers soon :/

Old 01-06-2023, 05:54 PM

It's good to know I am not alone. Phew!

I spoke to the manager there. She is very, very nice. She says this:

"I have a batch to go out today and Monday. Please look for them in the mail next week."

Crossing our fingers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery