Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 12:06 AM

11 posts, read 13,217 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone
I am in the same process. I have tax returns for 2021 when I was on unemployment and wages from a job. But I've been self employed for just 2022 and This year. My worry is that u have to have 2 years of self employment. I'm wondering if My projected 2023 earnings that they had me notarized, will be considered as my year 2 of self employment.
Also how do they determine your "current situation Do they still calculate your bank statements when self employed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 08:49 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,478,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C56G View Post
Hey everyone
I am in the same process. I have tax returns for 2021 when I was on unemployment and wages from a job. But I've been self employed for just 2022 and This year. My worry is that u have to have 2 years of self employment. I'm wondering if My projected 2023 earnings that they had me notarized, will be considered as my year 2 of self employment.
Also how do they determine your "current situation Do they still calculate your bank statements when self employed?
You do not have to have 2 years of self-employment. Read through starting on page 49 of the marketing handbook. They detail how income is determined when you don't have 2 years of self-employment. I was able to get approved in spring 2022 with only about 9 months of self-employment. But, I was able to provide executed contracts for the next year so they were able to verify what my income would be based on documentation not just my own projection. You have to prove your current situation with documentation, contracts, invoices, employer/client verification letters, deposits they see in your bank account over several months, taxes and 1099s from prior years etc., whatever you have.

https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

As I've said previously, it can still be challenging if you have limited documentation of your income. The burden of proof is on you to prove you do qualify, with documentation. If you can't prove you qualify, you will be rejected.

Last edited by linamonroll; 04-19-2023 at 09:02 AM..

Old 04-19-2023, 10:24 AM

2,058 posts, read 1,675,850 times
(Bravo linamonroll!)

Proceed to do the paperwork with confidence. If you lack something or make a mistake it’s because you are human. Likely, they will ask about a mistake or missing part that matters.

If you are rejected on Income you can appeal. Appeals can be won. There are posts about it. Self Employed applicants can prevail with applications. There are posts about it and not just linamonroll’s.

Here is an additional official NYC HC doc, ten pages total on income. Has FAQs, and Helpful Terms at the end.
https://www.nychdc.com/sites/default...me%20Guide.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery