Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2023, 05:06 PM

30 posts, read 17,080 times

Advertisements

Is this normal? Does it mean I will get the apartment as long as I submit the extra documents management requested? Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 06:07 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
How long has it been since ‘Review Completed’ went up? If it was just today, check tomorrow to see if they are still asking for documents.

Anyhow, plan to submit the docs they ask for even if it seems like you have done it before. Based of reading other posts, things are not a synchronized as we might imagine they are.

Some documents are considered out of date if they are too old. That is a reason people get asked twice sometimes. Other times people just seem to get asked twice and we don’t know why.

It means you get the unit when you sign a lease. But, I’d say you are getting near.

Old 03-01-2023, 04:46 PM

7 posts, read 4,101 times
Not me but my brother-in-law had similar scenario.

He was approved and was told that someone would reach out to him for the lease.

After 3 weeks of nothing, someone from the management company emailed him requesting copy of Driver License and Tax form (I think for security deposit). They asked him his desired move-in date.

THREE more weeks later, the guy at the management company responds with links to sign up for their online portal which showed a lease date for a lease date a 6 weeks after his requested move in. It also asked for 3 recent paystubs and bank statements . He asked if this was needed and if there was anything earlier and if not that he is ready to sign the lease. The portal said upload the paystub and bank statements within 72 hours, so he did just in case.

TWO more weeks went by and the management company responds "Ok I will send the lease tomorrow"

That was TWO WEEKS AGO...

It's almost as if they know its the affordable housing and don't G.A.F

Old 03-02-2023, 12:19 PM

I got a call from marketing agent yesterday and was told I had 5 days to pay the deposit and 1st months rent so then I asked how much is it… and she didn’t know…. I’m supposed to be contacted today before 5 to be hold how much it is but seems weird that I got approved by hpd but no one knows what my rent will be

Old 03-02-2023, 12:37 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasstronamicle View Post
I got a call from marketing agent yesterday and was told I had 5 days to pay the deposit and 1st months rent so then I asked how much is it… and she didn’t know…. I’m supposed to be contacted today before 5 to be hold how much it is but seems weird that I got approved by hpd but no one knows what my rent will be
You might send them $1 toward the rent, and $1 toward the deposit just to show them you are interested and to meet the 5 day deadline. Then, maybe, they might contact you with a demand for the unpaid balance. This might reveal what the rent and deposit amounts are meant to be.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:48 PM

225 posts, read 304,566 times
Even if your application is complete, it’s not unusual for them to ask for more documents because the old ones don’t reflect the most recent statement. Example, if the last statement you submitted was a February statement for your checking and savings accounts but it’s now March, they will ask you for March’s statement. They want the very most accurate info as possible. Expect to submit updated documents all the way up until they send it off to HPD.
Just take it as apart of the process

Old 03-03-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanta B View Post
Even if your application is complete, it’s not unusual for them to ask for more documents because the old ones don’t reflect the most recent statement. Example, if the last statement you submitted was a February statement for your checking and savings accounts but it’s now March, they will ask you for March’s statement. They want the very most accurate info as possible. Expect to submit updated documents all the way up until they send it off to HPD.
Just take it as apart of the process
The thing is my application was sent to hpd and got approval and I was still asked for the documents that’s why i got confused

Old 03-03-2023, 10:13 AM

225 posts, read 304,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasstronamicle View Post
The thing is my application was sent to hpd and got approval and I was still asked for the documents that’s why i got confused
Welp, I’ve never heard of that. Seems strange.

Old 03-03-2023, 01:47 PM

Yeah it does right, apparently they are putting me in section 8, which I’ve never heard of being done before either… I always thought section 8 had decades long waiting list but management told me it will just take a few weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: