Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 08:16 AM

16 posts, read 13,412 times

Advertisements

Hello has anyone ever been called to submit documents and then once all documents were submitted was told they will reach back out to you when they reach your log number. Does anyone know typically how many people are ahead when they do reach out to you?

Like, is there some type of rule? They’re only allowed to reach out when there are five people ahead of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2023, 08:53 AM

293 posts, read 222,544 times
Yes, that has happened to me multiple times. There could be hundreds ahead of you. I have noticed that with Reside it can be in the hundreds. With iAfford, less so. You will have a better sense of where you stand in two weeks.

Old 03-21-2023, 09:08 AM

57 posts, read 54,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
Yes, that has happened to me multiple times. There could be hundreds ahead of you. I have noticed that with Reside it can be in the hundreds. With iAfford, less so. You will have a better sense of where you stand in two weeks.
Second this post. Depending on the management company. Reside most definitely has a terrible habit of bulk contacting applicants, yet works in batches, but like any ethical management company will contact eligible applications from lowest log number to highest. And if the lottery has CB preferences they have to contact those log numbers first and such.

Now that you have been contacted to submit documents, the project manager information should appear on that lottery when you review your log numbers on your Dashboard under "Action Required". Feel free to contact them to better assess your place in line. Don't be discouraged by the information, and still upload your documents enthusiastically. This is a patient game for us, but when they start moving on your file they move fast. Best of luck!

Old 03-21-2023, 11:46 AM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
You should still submit them. They can call you shortly.

Old 03-21-2023, 02:56 PM

115 posts, read 68,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLisa11 View Post
Hello has anyone ever been called to submit documents and then once all documents were submitted was told they will reach back out to you when they reach your log number. Does anyone know typically how many people are ahead when they do reach out to you?

Like, is there some type of rule? They’re only allowed to reach out when there are five people ahead of you.
Been called to submit documents several times, then ghosted for months.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
You should still submit them. They can call you shortly.
Thank you I did submit I was asking if there is an approximate number people that are before you before they reach out.
Example I was wondering I there was a rule like they can’t contact you to submit docs if there are more that 10 people ahead of you

Old 03-21-2023, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
Been called to submit documents several times, then ghosted for months.
Wow that’s so not right that they are allowed to do that

Old 03-21-2023, 04:04 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLisa11 View Post
Thank you I did submit I was asking if there is an approximate number people that are before you before they reach out.
Example I was wondering I there was a rule like they can’t contact you to submit docs if there are more that 10 people ahead of you
I am not aware of any maximum limit. But it would seem to benefit everyone if they kept the batches under a huge number. Otherwise, it’s an huge job. Showing an apt to hundreds of people is not efficient.

Also, we can assume that persons in the batch who get bested by a lower log# are still eligible for the next batch if there needs to be one.

Stay with it. Good luck.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:35 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Got called to submit documents for a Mini-Lottery with Settlement Housing Fund - it was one single unit. My log number was 29. I thought I hit the jackpot. I learned later that there were several people ahead of me who were deep in the process. I also learned later that they requested docs from the first 50 log numbers. I learned LATER that they then requested docs from logs 51-100. This was all for a single unit the was eventually given to someone with a log number in the low single digits.

I think its a data grab. And I will never again submit docs for a mini-lottery unless I have a single digit log number.

Old 03-22-2023, 12:06 PM

I see this is very common I just feel that it’s a bit of an inconvenience that they call multiple people at the same time to view the same unit just to waste their time to tell them there are other people ahead of them. Bummer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery