Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 08:52 PM

109 posts, read 84,908 times

Advertisements

how the **** i had beef with someone on citydata.com. you a weirdo GET A LIFE this how the arguement started on the other forum mind your business if it dont apply let it fly .. but you dont got no business of your own thats why you on here ALL DAY/EVERYDAY. And for you to say im irresponsible without even knowing me who is a college graduate LMAO go to hell weirdo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2023, 07:17 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthasmith12 View Post
how the **** i had beef with someone on citydata.com. you a weirdo GET A LIFE this how the arguement started on the other forum mind your business if it dont apply let it fly .. but you dont got no business of your own thats why you on here ALL DAY/EVERYDAY. And for you to say im irresponsible without even knowing me who is a college graduate LMAO go to hell weirdo
Lani has (usually starts) "beef" and provides false and/or unhelpful information all over this forum, try not to take it personally. They need to take a look in the mirror. When you have "beef" with everyone and are constantly told what you share is false...it might be a 'you problem' . Alas, some aren't self aware and start stuff to feel important and rile people up. Carry on and good luck with getting your apartment!

Old 04-21-2023, 08:49 AM

117 posts, read 47,787 times
i believe its a case by case issue, there are guidelines for caseworkers to follow but its not uniform,

In my case i never was asked to provide explanation, neither for credit check for what its worth, only hiccup in the process was my w2 and my company had different addresses which was easy to clarify.

Best practice is to have everything available even if you dont need it.

Old 04-21-2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredn25 View Post
i believe its a case by case issue, there are guidelines for caseworkers to follow but its not uniform,

In my case i never was asked to provide explanation, neither for credit check for what its worth, only hiccup in the process was my w2 and my company had different addresses which was easy to clarify.

Thank you

Old 04-21-2023, 12:55 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times
Congrats on the baby Samantha lol

Old 04-21-2023, 02:34 PM

168 posts, read 175,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredn25 View Post

This is very interesting. This is the first thread I’ve came across where deposits weren’t questioned as it can relate to income depending on the amount and/or frequency.. same as zelle, PayPal, venmo. Guess it depends on the management

Old 04-21-2023, 02:43 PM

117 posts, read 47,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaDarling7708 View Post
This is very interesting. This is the first thread I’ve came across where deposits weren’t questioned as it can relate to income depending on the amount and/or frequency.. same as zelle, PayPal, venmo. Guess it depends on the management

Could be on the frequency, I didnt have many or maybe the amounts didnt trigger an investigation.

each case is going to be different

Old 04-25-2023, 07:49 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,642,464 times
To address the OP’s question directly. Yes, I know someone who didn’t have to submit bank deposit clarifications. And yes, they got the unit. They also declined another unit in a different building, and got beaten by a lower log# in a third building. All three very desirable places.

They never had to submit bank deposit clarifications for any of the three buildings. This is likely because such deposits were few and far between and had a low total. Such things are described in the Handbook as not being relevant. With brief review of their short bank statements and an experienced agent could tell they didn’t need any deposit clarification. The obvious two or so monthly deposits were certainly counted as income. This could be checked against their application, and required documents explaining them.

Of course, if the agent or City did think any deposit clarification was needed they could have asked, and a clarification would be made.

“ I. Clarifying Bank Deposits ” is found on page 53 of the Handbook. It presents what does and does represent deposits they are interested in.
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...g-handbook.pdf

It’s clear in the Handbook that not every last dollar of deposits has to be accounted for income analysis purposes. However, many posters here say ‘they want to know everything’ but maybe that is just hyperbole, or maybe they are working with people who are overdoing it because they are enthusiastic or naïve.

If a person is going to do an affidavit to explain regular bank deposits that can consider just taking a bit more time and text to explain the irregular and small deposits also. My understanding is short simple explanations are sufficient, ‘My friend is paying me $50 a month for a car I sold him in 2021’, ‘Each year a get $1000 as the chair of the community soccer league, but this is to cover expenses for gas and travel’.

It can be wise to draft a simple affidavit just in case they ask for deposit clarification. It can save time.

Old 04-26-2023, 05:45 AM

21 posts, read 28,114 times
I just won a unit and did not need to submit clarification. It is likely because my transactions are mostly direct deposit from my employer. Any Venmo or Zelle transactions I have are outgoing so there’s no evidence of additional sources of income. (You know when you have kids and the money just goes from your account to theirs? Yeah. Lol)

So in short, I think it would depend on the agency and the types of transactions on your bank statement.

Old 04-26-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson28 View Post
I just won a unit and did not need to submit clarification. It is likely because my transactions are mostly direct deposit from my employer. Any Venmo or Zelle transactions I have are outgoing so there’s no evidence of additional sources of income. (You know when you have kids and the money just goes from your account to theirs? Yeah. Lol)

So in short, I think it would depend on the agency and the types of transactions on your bank statement.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery