Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 12:49 PM

182 posts, read 124,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostyat View Post
Also received a request for documents. It seems that they've sent out quite a lot, given that there are only 7 units available. Not getting my hopes up.

I've dealt with this organization before ("reside affordable", which seems to be just a rebranding of "reside new york" – it's all the same people in their "people" section), and I didn't love their approach. They were very aggressive about selecting a time for me to see the apartment, as if I'm supposed to be able to take time off of work in the middle of an afternoon right after they write to me. And they would write unpredictably. When I finally set up a time, there were like 10 more people seeing the same apartment. They said we have to let them know by the next day – otherwise someone else will take the apartment. I did not end up taking that apartment (not even sure if I would have been able to take it in the first place – they are not very transparent in how they work – but they did hint that I had a good log number). It was just not a good deal. That was 1259 Bedford Ave. I also received a request for documents for another apartment from the same organization, on 737 Fenimore. I submitted my documents in October 2022. It's been 11 months and I have not heard back from them about that apartment. I am still wondering if they "blacklisted" me for not taking the Bed Stuy apartment, and that's why I never heard back about 737 fenimore. Anyway, I've now submitted the documents for 493-495 Myrtle, and we shall see what comes out of this.

the blacklist theory is real, i am going thru that right now with tax soloute, they manage like 3 apts i have low logs for and i complained about them to hpd and now i feel they are neglecting to ask me to submit documents (esp when this forum exists and higher logs are getting called)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 02:52 PM

7 posts, read 5,442 times
Wow, this is all really discouraging! This is the the lowest log I've had within my CB. Sucks that the chances that this pans out for me are still very low. Good to know about reside for the future I guess.

I also called them today just for more information about the timeline after submitting documents, and the person I spoke to said they would begin processing in about 6-8 weeks.

Old 09-11-2023, 03:14 PM

293 posts, read 224,406 times
The problem is there just aren’t many apartments available. Only 4 for 80% AMI and 3 for 130% AMI. Those are very low odds even if we all got log numbers under 300 with CB preference.

There was One building where my log number was low 100s, 12 apts available for my AMI, and I had CB preference and I still wasn’t offered a lease!

Old 09-11-2023, 03:22 PM

12 posts, read 10,269 times
Reside is also doing 58 Vanderbilt, so that makes me more discouraged there as well

Old 09-11-2023, 03:25 PM

75 posts, read 57,848 times
16xx no pref, 80% ami studio only

Old 09-11-2023, 03:42 PM

7 posts, read 5,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
The problem is there just aren’t many apartments available. Only 4 for 80% AMI and 3 for 130% AMI. Those are very low odds even if we all got log numbers under 300 with CB preference.

There was One building where my log number was low 100s, 12 apts available for my AMI, and I had CB preference and I still wasn’t offered a lease!
This is really helpful context, thank you. Not being offered a unit with great odds like that would have frustrated me so bad.

Old 09-11-2023, 04:23 PM

38 posts, read 29,128 times
I was excited to submit my docs today until i saw this thread lmao. Log 80XX. I live close by but with all the horror stories, I'll just hope for the best.

Old 09-11-2023, 04:43 PM

5 posts, read 5,092 times
My documents were also requested five days days ago/I only had the chance to submit them today. 16XX with CB at 80% AMI for both studio + 1-bedrooms. I don't know if the delay in submitting will cost me my chance so I am not letting myself feel hopeful..

Old 09-12-2023, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 3,691 times
Hey! I currently have a very very low log number 80% Ami not within the CB preference and just got a request for documentation today. Can someone help with what to expect? Since I have a low log would that guarantee me a spot?

Old 09-12-2023, 02:53 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,458,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsly13 View Post
Hey! I currently have a very very low log number 80% Ami not within the CB preference and just got a request for documentation today. Can someone help with what to expect? Since I have a low log would that guarantee me a spot?
Nothing is guaranteed until you sign a lease. Have everything in order, respond to additional requests quickly, follow up as needed, and try to be patient. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery