Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 05:51 PM

504 posts, read 459,973 times

Advertisements

Oh I’m definitely making my way over there on Friday! All hell broke loose today! What is happening over there? So you didn’t qualify for none of the units??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 06:03 PM

I might up for a 2580$ apt by reside in fresh meadows but I rather would pay 1900 or 1600 over here so I hope they call for me soon this but I need to know what is going on over here , im kinda anxious! Lol

Old 03-13-2024, 06:07 PM

28 posts, read 21,931 times
Hey go over maybe show different apartment we saw 7 Floor 7 F but no closets at all that part doesn’t sit we me! Me too reside but a 1 bedroom 1600. But least see that building layout is not worth 1900.

Old 03-13-2024, 06:11 PM

I toured two places with no closets , in my current room I don’t have a closet but I made a mini one from IKEA! So if anything always remember you can make one from ikea and have them build it! I was even going to have someone build a island in apartment for me once but I didn’t get the apartment sadly…

Old 03-13-2024, 08:04 PM

Briana… don’t worry forget about this place this wasn’t where y’all was supposed to be at !! God! I’ll definitely give everyone my opinion on the apt on Friday

Old 03-14-2024, 03:56 PM

Update : I was in the area today i Thought I was off tomorrow but I wasn’t I went to the building about 12:30 ish and the door was open they were having open house starting at 1pm for apts on the 5th floor, first thing that bother me was the market agents just let anyone up it’s not really a “tour” or whatever they sent y’all VIA so of course that how I got in I wrote down on the papers my log but I do not believe I will get called for this unit because you MUST have someone 62+ on your lease for this program the program manager was there, I couldn’t go into the gym because it was “flooded” the live in super to me which is crazy since this building is new. The building my self is very quiet so those reviews on google are definitely fake. The lounge area I made my way up too it was kinda packed because somebody was having a meeting with a few of there clients I guess but it’s nice and the terrace upstairs has bbqs that you can cook at in the summer which would be nice for a day like today. NOW ON TO THE APTS! I’ll first say they were showing 5H , 5F and 7H , 7F. Fifth floor apartments are somewhat spacious the 5th floor first bedroom is big the square feet is 530 and then the two bed room square feet is 542 and the 5th floor two bed room comes with a second bathroom the set up was definitely from the 7th floor rooms. Now to the 7th floor which I believe most of you seen in here. The one bed room is spacious I would take it it’s really nice only thing is no closets… so you have to build closets or put your stuff in the storage room downstairs the super said that they gave market 1200$ Amazon gift cards for closets because of that now to the 7F two bed room….. that thing was small! I mean if I would get called and if I needed a two bed room I probably would take it if it was just me and my son but I have somebody else on my budget and 3 people in that apartment will not work at all. The other two bed rooms are livable idk about that one. They weren’t showing the studio’s but I wouldn’t wanna see them because I’m costa phobic and that would’ve been Legit a box!

Old 03-14-2024, 03:57 PM

All in all I would move into the building just not on those apartments on the 7th floor … well maybe the 1 bed room . I took a walk outside and there’s 3 new mixed used buildings coming in the area so if you stay in that CB you can eventually get out

Old 03-14-2024, 03:59 PM

There’s also a few people with log numbers 5000-8000 that was signed in! So they called a good number of people good luck to anybody going for this building!

Old 03-14-2024, 08:29 PM

I wonder is people gonna reject themselves y’all mighty quiet cause I definitely would take this opportunity !!! Lolll

Old 03-14-2024, 09:33 PM

31 posts, read 23,999 times
Default Heat info

Thanks for the update.
Good that you had a first hand account of the building & who knows you may get called.
It's messed up that these buildings all seem to utilizing the same dag on blue print cookie cutter.
I definitely need a larger 2/bedroom, wonder how they're going to determine who gets what size unit.
As stated prior really need to be close to mass transit, btw, thanks for the FERRY info).

A car isn't in my plans anymore & my adult child is still residing at home working way up in the Bx, new job getting off work almost midnight. Were talking 2 trans & a bus these trains worry me as it is in broad day light. My kid has been seeking an apt for months now nothing budget friendly, decent & safe has come along.
As for this development really wish apts were larger & most importantly mass transit.
Are folks aware that heat & cooking also must be paid by tenants?
Good luck to all involved.

Last edited by peacebestill03; 03-14-2024 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: ad on text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery