Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 08:13 AM

187 posts, read 120,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronb View Post
Log 133, got document request, question though so i got a new job in December and this job's salary is what qualifies me for this building, it's asking for last years W2 and paystubs which i made less than the salary listed. Is this going to be a problem?
They'll probably ask for some income verification from your current employer, do you have an offer letter? If so you can submit that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 08:15 AM

565 posts, read 440,727 times
Quote:
Log 133, got document request, question though so i got a new job in December and this job's salary is what qualifies me for this building, it's asking for last years W2 and paystubs which i made less than the salary listed. Is this going to be a problem?
youll be fine, they tax the max of w2 / paystub earnings etc.

Just make sure you have clear documentation showing you left your previous job etc, your new paystubs should show your new salary, so your current salary will be current paystub times whatever your payout schedule is like (two times a month (24 pay periods a year) / once every two weeks etc (26 pay periods a year)

And it also helps to email the marketing agent with a synopsis of your situation, so they know why your w2 and old paystubs dont line up with the current earning etc

Old 02-06-2024, 08:25 AM

5 posts, read 2,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
youll be fine, they tax the max of w2 / paystub earnings etc.

Just make sure you have clear documentation showing you left your previous job etc, your new paystubs should show your new salary, so your current salary will be current paystub times whatever your payout schedule is like (two times a month (24 pay periods a year) / once every two weeks etc (26 pay periods a year)

And it also helps to email the marketing agent with a synopsis of your situation, so they know why your w2 and old paystubs dont line up with the current earning etc
awesome thank you! I get paid once a month (ew i know) they gave me an option to email the building directly or submit through housing connect, which do you think i should do

Old 02-06-2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
awesome thank you! I get paid once a month (ew i know) they gave me an option to email the building directly or submit through housing connect, which do you think i should do
If you have documents ready you can try housing connect.

If you run into issues you can alternatively email as well so there is no rejection for non submission

Old 02-06-2024, 09:07 AM

5 posts, read 2,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
If you have documents ready you can try housing connect.

If you run into issues you can alternatively email as well so there is no rejection for non submission
Got it thanks, one more question i see the monthly rent is 2350 and theres a household income range. is the rent fixed at that price for that whole income range?

Old 02-06-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Got it thanks, one more question i see the monthly rent is 2350 and theres a household income range. is the rent fixed at that price for that whole income range?
Yes rent is what you see

You qualify if your income falls in that range. If you have vouchers or something else then i am not sure but if you don’t and are paying using your income then that will be your rent

Old 02-06-2024, 09:45 AM

10 posts, read 5,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember15 View Post
It would be helpful to the thread if you shared your log
Log #XX.

Old 02-12-2024, 08:36 AM

13 posts, read 7,002 times
my log is #8XX, how much of a chance do I have in getting picked for this apartment? I am currently in a shelter as well as apart of the HASA Program.

Old 02-12-2024, 09:17 AM

187 posts, read 120,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatman89 View Post
my log is #8XX, how much of a chance do I have in getting picked for this apartment? I am currently in a shelter as well as apart of the HASA Program.
People need to stop asking things like this on this forum... there are so many variables that go into whether you get "picked" or not that it is impossible to tell. None of us on here can tell you your chances. Building size, your AMI, if a building has CB, how desirable the location is, what the buildings amenities are, what the people with numbers before you randomly decide about the apartment, the list goes on and on. Sometimes a number in the hundreds is great and sometimes it's terrible... there's not one single variable that will tell you yes or no. It's literally a lottery and all up to chance, you won't know until your number comes up. A better indicator is paying attention to the forums and seeing when people close to your number get called, then you know you're next up, if they still have apartments left.

Old 02-12-2024, 03:51 PM

10 posts, read 5,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember15 View Post
People need to stop asking things like this on this forum... there are so many variables that go into whether you get "picked" or not that it is impossible to tell. None of us on here can tell you your chances. Building size, your AMI, if a building has CB, how desirable the location is, what the buildings amenities are, what the people with numbers before you randomly decide about the apartment, the list goes on and on. Sometimes a number in the hundreds is great and sometimes it's terrible... there's not one single variable that will tell you yes or no. It's literally a lottery and all up to chance, you won't know until your number comes up. A better indicator is paying attention to the forums and seeing when people close to your number get called, then you know you're next up, if they still have apartments left.
I hesitate to say anything at all because I still don't have a place myself, but please be kind. People are desperate and looking for answers that will help them navigate this process. I live in a shelter too and I'm immunocompromised. I get it.

chatman, I have a housing voucher so my income/rent range is pretty wide and I've applied to 68 lotteries in the last 6 months. My suggestion is keep applying to any and all lotteries in any area you are willing to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery