Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 07:21 PM

187 posts, read 119,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeedoodler View Post
I hesitate to say anything at all because I still don't have a place myself, but please be kind. People are desperate and looking for answers that will help them navigate this process. I live in a shelter too and I'm immunocompromised. I get it.

chatman, I have a housing voucher so my income/rent range is pretty wide and I've applied to 68 lotteries in the last 6 months. My suggestion is keep applying to any and all lotteries in any area you are willing to live.
I'm not being mean. I'm just telling the reality of it all. I just see people asking over and over "do I have a chance?" and no one knows/ can give you this answer. Would it be nice to give someone false hope by saying yes you definitely have a chance, when so so so many things out of everyone's control go into whether you get called or not. There are more productive and practical questions to ask here about the process that can benefit everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 03:59 PM

13 posts, read 6,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeedoodler View Post
I hesitate to say anything at all because I still don't have a place myself, but please be kind. People are desperate and looking for answers that will help them navigate this process. I live in a shelter too and I'm immunocompromised. I get it.

chatman, I have a housing voucher so my income/rent range is pretty wide and I've applied to 68 lotteries in the last 6 months. My suggestion is keep applying to any and all lotteries in any area you are willing to live.
I was just originally inquiring only because the building is filling up fast. I know this because when I originally applied on 1/10/24 my log number was #23xxxxxx and now it is #8xx. I also asked because I’m starting a new role at my new place of work, and I wanted to add it to my profile but I don’t start till the 26th. Thank you for the support and guidance. I appreciate it.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:10 PM

1,723 posts, read 1,483,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatman89 View Post
I was just originally inquiring only because the building is filling up fast. I know this because when I originally applied on 1/10/24 my log number was #23xxxxxx and now it is #8xx. I also asked because I’m starting a new role at my new place of work, and I wanted to add it to my profile but I don’t start till the 26th. Thank you for the support and guidance. I appreciate it.
This was very likely your application number, not your log number. I have never seen a log # over 200k, let alone over 23 million lol

Your log # also doesn't change based on how filled the building is. You get your log # at the start and then that is your log. They process in order starting at #1 and going up, taking in to account any applicable preferences. 8xx is typically a pretty decent log, I wish you luck!

Old 02-13-2024, 04:17 PM

13 posts, read 6,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
This was very likely your application number, not your log number. I have never seen a log # over 200k, let alone over 23 million lol

Your log # also doesn't change based on how filled the building is. You get your log # at the start and then that is your log. They process in order starting at #1 and going up, taking in to account any applicable preferences. 8xx is typically a pretty decent log, I wish you luck!
Okay thank you so much for the useful information! I’ve been staying in a shelter and I am also a HASA client. I’m hoping those 2 factors support me in winning this lottery or any other one I applied for. Thank you again for your support and guidance!

Old 03-08-2024, 09:47 PM

70 posts, read 39,275 times
Any updates on this one

Old Today, 05:10 PM

10 posts, read 5,635 times
Has anyone moved into the Affordable units yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery