Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2024, 08:21 PM

74 posts, read 49,866 times

Advertisements

I was denied in less than 3 days after submitted my documents, no request for additional documents, no asking clarifying questions. Just flat out denied. I’m in shock as I’ve been fortunate to be chosen, submitted and approved for previous lottery units by HPD. They said I never submitted documents that 1) were never requested and 2) are not listed on the initial document list.

Secondly, I keep getting asked only by this company about my ex. Yes I’m married but legally separate and do not live together haven’t in a year. I’ve provided documentation and it still wasn’t enough because my ex and I exchange a couple of Zelle payment. They said that’s interdependence??? What $50 here or there doesn’t mean I’m dependent on anyone’s income but my own. I’ve had Zelle exchanges with multiple people. I guess exes can’t be friendly or cordial??? My paystubs, filed taxes, bank statements pretty all my financial information shows me independent from my ex. My lease and utilities bills are only in my name. In other situations I never had to prove all of this especially with my ex.

Then they said I live with my ex. When all my financial paperwork list my address which differs from my ex’s on the separation agreement.

What’s going on here? Are they throughly reviewing the documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 08:38 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
People on here can't answer this because we aren't the agent who reviewed your materials. However, it sounds like they did review the documents since they gave you specific reasons for the denial based on the documents you provided. Also, claiming you didn't submit documents that were never requested is very common. All that said, you can appeal the decision. You will have to provide documents to show where you believe the agent made a mistake in denying you.

Old 01-02-2024, 10:15 PM

16 posts, read 8,475 times
Did they give you intake form to fill out ?

Old 01-02-2024, 10:20 PM

42 posts, read 31,031 times
i'm stressed about your intake form for a spot on Rikers, I've seen it on a few threads. I'm nervous you're being taken advantage of @yunga! Would you mind showing us what the intake form is / from what lottery you applied to / timeline / any other details so that folks can look into it with you?

Old 01-02-2024, 11:52 PM

The intake form was a bunch questions and asking for a move in date n and what apartment size do I want

Old 01-03-2024, 03:45 AM

19 posts, read 15,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceobri View Post
i'm stressed about your intake form for a spot on Rikers, I've seen it on a few threads. I'm nervous you're being taken advantage of @yunga! Would you mind showing us what the intake form is / from what lottery you applied to / timeline / any other details so that folks can look into it with you?
Somebody should block this person yunga187 from posting. The joke about an intake form for Rikers Island jail was not funny the first time nor is it funny the 10th time. The guy is a nuisance and if he acts like this in real life, he might actually end up in that place.

Old 01-03-2024, 05:04 AM

Kiss my ass

Old 01-03-2024, 05:24 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Just put Yunga187 on your Ignore list. It’s under My Settings at the top left of this page. Click on Edit Ignore List.

Old 01-19-2024, 03:36 PM

78 posts, read 28,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post

What’s going on here? Are they throughly reviewing the documents.
Sorry to hear about your situation - did you appeal the appeal?

I have the same question: do they even read the supporting documentation in the appeal?

- I m sole-proprietor (self-employed) with personal and business account at the same bank
- marketing agent wrongly calculated my Small Business Administration Covid Loan as an asset and rejected my application.
- i appealed with strong supporting documentation, including bank statements and manual extracts (SBA loan on a business account should NOT calculated as assets.)

- appeal got rejected:they did not even look at my supporting documentations proving it is a business account, separated from my personal account.

Should i even bother countering the rejected appeal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery