Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 6,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
i just thought id post that in february of this year i was offered a luxury studio at silvertowers but i turned it down because it was too small. so anyone who said i wasnt going to get one was wrong.
I am in the same situation right now, in my mid 20's living with my parents and file my own taxes and paying rent. I would appreciate an update, in the end what did you put down on your application?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:36 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
it also depends on what a person thinks is considered luxury.

just because a tiny studio has a slab of granite for a counter top, does not, in my book consider it luxury.

also, any walk up in NYC is NOT considered luxury, no matter what the upgrades are, (cabinetry, floors, bathrooms)
because the layout is what the layout is.

and back in the day when all these tenements were built the layouts sucked then, and they suck now.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
I'm amazed someone living at home with her parents is offered an apt in a nice building, (even if small )and maybe not donald trumps lux but still fricking nice for next to another and turns it down cause its too small. Peoples entitlement amazes me, I wish you many more years at your parents crib!

Last edited by livingsinglenyc; 08-26-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 35,015 times
I recently did the application, but unfortunately I wrote that my parents were the landlord. I realized I made the mistake after, do you know if they will allow you to correct this during the interview, or will they disqualify me because this was false information.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:55 PM

57 posts, read 94,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acandi2008 View Post
I recently did the application, but unfortunately I wrote that my parents were the landlord. I realized I made the mistake after, do you know if they will allow you to correct this during the interview, or will they disqualify me because this was false information.
Nope your fine because on all my lottery appts I say my mom is my landlord and that has never affected me in anyway. Good luck and don't let these posters discourage or scare you. Ive gotten response back from at least 3 places with that info stated.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM

10 posts, read 35,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roso24 View Post
Nope your fine because on all my lottery appts I say my mom is my landlord and that has never affected me in anyway. Good luck and don't let these posters discourage or scare you. Ive gotten response back from at least 3 places with that info stated.
Thank you so much! that was really helpful

Old 03-17-2022, 03:35 PM

145 posts, read 79,753 times
Nycha is not Luxury
Rats chewing at your toes is not luxury

Old 03-22-2022, 06:59 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
i just thought id post that in february of this year i was offered a luxury studio at silvertowers but i turned it down because it was too small. so anyone who said i wasnt going to get one was wrong.

"How can a "too small studio apartment" ever be called "LUXURY?"

Old 03-23-2022, 12:18 PM

5,668 posts, read 2,608,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantcookies View Post
Nycha is not Luxury
Rats chewing at your toes is not luxury
This thread is years old but OP was offered a Luxury apt at Silvertowers on 42 Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
"How can a "too small studio apartment" ever be called "LUXURY?"
This thread is almost 10 years old, Op was offered an apt at Silvertowers. The building is def a luxury building by the amenities it offers. Small or too small depends upon a person.
But if you claim you want to move out of your parents and get offered an apt, in a nice area, brand new building that is luxury, including your own washer and dryer for about $600 a month and it's "too small" for you. Then you don't really want or need out.

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 03-23-2022 at 12:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: