Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
NYC has improved a lot when it comes to crime. The nypd has really done a great job and no one gives them credit. I am glad I am not a cop. Being a cop is one of the worst jobs in this city. Anything happens its your fault. Crime is up the cops arent doing their job, crime is down it is because of police brutility. They do make good money but their earn it.
I think the problem with the community and the police force is that there are just too many cops assigned to neighborhoods they know absolutely nothing about. Probably never even been too. They're scared, and thats not a good combination when assigned to areas like ENY, Brownsville, Harlem and any other place with crime. Also I think people are tired of seeing cops kill innocent people or use excessive force without any real penalty for their actions. I would never say all cops are bad, cause I dont know every cop, but i've seen enough, and encountered enough with them, where I dont trust them either.

As for the money, NYC cops dont make anything. At least not beat cops, detectives and such are different. But the cops in L.I. get paid more for dealing with less..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 AM

281 posts, read 1,237,321 times
A couple of follow up questions and observations.

Jordandubreil-Are you moving to Spring Creek near Elderts Ln,and the movie theaters (old Time Square Store) or Spring Creek Estates (Starrett City)There is a world of difference between the 2 with Starrett City being much less "hood".

DSNYSANMAN- Cops especially rooks and beat cops make horrible money.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:09 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
im moving to a nice area in east new york soon, its called spring creek and its new housing right behind gateway mall
Are you talking about the apartment buildings by the mall that you can see from the Belt? I know someone who moved in, and moved immediately out due to crime issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City