Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:20 PM

32 posts, read 69,509 times

Advertisements

Why did you bother to write that whole thing out?
Pointless.
A G A I N -----I know I'm not entitled to ANYTHING---
But the money was offered, I declined it.
Now I want it.
Period.

"Why don't you get offline and think of what you want to do, and ask him already, and go move. Use your brain, you've got plenty of suggestions here already and you've been harping on this for months."

Thats exactly what I'm doing---getting suggestions.....not opinions on what you think of what I'm doing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 PM

Can anybody offer yet ANOTHER suggestion on how to get my landlord to buy me out?
TOPIC REPLIES would be helpful.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM

979 posts, read 4,464,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyontothesky View Post
Why don't you get offline and think of what you want to do, and ask him already, and go move. Use your brain, you've got plenty of suggestions here already and you've been harping on this for months... get it over with already.
+1 Why don't you grow a pair already, pick a number and belly up! Moderator cut: Not necessary

Last edited by bmwguydc; 07-09-2010 at 12:04 AM..

Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 PM

I will.....in due time.
Thanks for your input though.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:58 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,266,307 times
Wow such hypocrates in this thread. The reason why the landlord wants to buy him out is because the landlord is greedy himself and knows he can make so much more like the greedy bastards they are. They continously have bought out rent controlled apts in poor neighborhoods like Bedstuy and have flipped them around to the tenth power. So why can't this poor ****** make something out of it. My whole neighborhood is practically gone because Ratner the rat did the same to build his arena at the Atlantic Yards. So can't blame me for having so much anomosity towards them!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,828,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington22 View Post
The landlord OFFERED me the money.
I said no.
Now I want to say yes.
What's the big deal?
THEY OFFERED.
How do u not understand that?
THEY OFFERED.
WHY are you here?

They offered? Then simply call them up and say, 'I now accept'?

What is the problem?

Is your manner of thought so inherently crooked, that you cannot fathom simply making a straight offer?

You're concerned about the LL discovering your existing intention to move? Then simply prepare yourself to move on the deal QUICKLY!!! How?

Find a competent attorney, advise him of your desires and intentions, and ask him/her to represent you. Then sit back, watch and wait.

YOUR attorney will contact the LL's attorney and make the proposal. Your attorney will draw up an Agreement and fax/send it to the LL's attorney. It shouldn't take more than a couple days to a couple of weeks. The attorneys will hash out the agreement with both yours and LLs interest protected, the papers will be signed----that's it!

Move out whenever you agreed to, and the LL discovering your prior intentions will be irrelevant, of no consequence.

Again, I ask why are you here? Do realize its because of a serious flaw in your character---which s/b recognized and corrected.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 AM

107,036 posts, read 109,362,256 times
heres my take, and those of you who are familiar with our position on this know we offer lease buy outs...

when a tenant wants to break a lease we charge them for as long as it takes to re-rent .... when we want to break a lease we pay the tenant.....

if there is no lease to break and the tenant is moving anyway at renewal its extorition in my opinion to go to a landlord and ask for money when your leaving anyway and enjoyed below market rent to boot. thats just un-ethical and taking advantage of a situation that should be reserved for when your not going on your own and need to be rewarded for the hardship of breaking a contract...

its the honor system and taking the money in this situation isnt honerable. out of the 9 apartments over looking central park we sold 7,,, 5 asked for the money . i have no idea if they were not really moving anyway....
2 were very ethical and passed on the 50k because they were moving on their own...i commend them for their honesty.... 2 are left

Last edited by mathjak107; 07-09-2010 at 03:40 AM..

Old 07-09-2010, 09:59 AM

581 posts, read 1,245,784 times
so if he doesnt move, could the landlord not give him a renewal, which means he has to move?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 AM

107,036 posts, read 109,362,256 times
NO ,he has to be renewed unless hes moving on his own........

Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,828,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
heres my take, and those of you who are familiar with our position on this know we offer lease buy outs...

when a tenant wants to break a lease we charge them for as long as it takes to re-rent .... when we want to break a lease we pay the tenant.....

if there is no lease to break and the tenant is moving anyway at renewal its extorition in my opinion to go to a landlord and ask for money when your leaving anyway and enjoyed below market rent to boot. thats just un-ethical and taking advantage of a situation that should be reserved for when your not going on your own and need to be rewarded for the hardship of breaking a contract...

its the honor system and taking the money in this situation isnt honerable. out of the 9 apartments over looking central park we sold 7,,, 5 asked for the money . i have no idea if they were not really moving anyway....
2 were very ethical and passed on the 50k because they were moving on their own...i commend them for their honesty.... 2 are left
The problem with the OP/tenant is his crooked character---he thinks everyone including the LL has a similar crooked character. A professional LL won't care if he/the tenant intended to move before I paid him to do so. His crooked character can't really conceive of the true and real benefit to the LL---specifically what the landlord is paying for.

He thinks the LL's offer of buy-out is something nefarious---which triggered the OP's bad character gene. He thinks he needs to 'get over' on the LL.

The LL probably stands to make millions and this tenant is burning the midnight light over $25k!!!

LL: Please sign the Release and GTF out! Small potatoes PITA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City