Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
 
32 posts, read 69,447 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

How can you make statements like that about me when you don't know me.
Neither do you know my landlord.
Yes---if he found out I was moving anyway, he's give me nothing.
Am I entitled to it-no.
Do I want it-yes.


You have NO IDEA the hardship I've had to endure because of my rent stab. status.
I've had to call the city on the LL 13 times to get basic service needed.
I was told FACE TO FACE that they are not going to make ANY repairs in my apt. because they have "real tenants" that pay 3 times what I do-and deserve service because of this.

Yeah----so my LL is the true criminal.
Once I've gotten the money I will post EVERY SINGLE document Ive gotten from the city to prove my point.
SO THERE-----
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
 
32 posts, read 69,447 times
Reputation: 26
CORRECTION.
I just looked at the folder where I keep the violations.
It was only 9 times.
The other 4 were for no heat/hot water.
So thats for the entire building-not just my apt.
Point still stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 05:45 AM
 
Location: NY,NY
2,896 posts, read 9,810,079 times
Reputation: 2074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington22 View Post
How can you make statements like that about me when you don't know me.
Neither do you know my landlord.
Yes---if he found out I was moving anyway, he's give me nothing.
Am I entitled to it-no.
Do I want it-yes.


You have NO IDEA the hardship I've had to endure because of my rent stab. status.
I've had to call the city on the LL 13 times to get basic service needed.
I was told FACE TO FACE that they are not going to make ANY repairs in my apt. because they have "real tenants" that pay 3 times what I do-and deserve service because of this.

Yeah----so my LL is the true criminal.
Once I've gotten the money I will post EVERY SINGLE document Ive gotten from the city to prove my point.
SO THERE-----
How?

Because I've dealt with the circumstance hundreds of times.

How do I know your character?

Because you exhibit it clearly:

Quote:
Am I entitled to it-no.
Do I want it-yes.
There's nothing more to say on the subject. Others of greater character would say no to both.

In any event, I've told you what you need to do in order to take advantage and protect yourself. Get an attorney. Nothing more easy.

BTW, please save your sad song, as its been played hundreds of thousands if not millions of times before in this city. Your story is nothing new and continues to be played now and in the future.

Lastly, what's the flip side to your story? The LL's side? Probably, that you provide NO PROFIT to the LL whatsoever. That given the costs of your tenancy the LL may be paying you to live there. Such is the upside down nature of the rent laws.

Have you thought much about how your tenancy may or is effecting the LL? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 07:34 AM
 
581 posts, read 1,243,874 times
Reputation: 342
The OP dont deserve a dime. Pay you to move out. What in the world is this place coming or have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Reputation: 28006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
The OP dont deserve a dime. Pay you to move out. What in the world is this place coming or have been.

yes, I agree.
What makes the tennant think he is entitled to be bought out??

really the nerve of some people!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
 
32 posts, read 69,447 times
Reputation: 26
..."entitled"
No I don't think I'm entitled to ANYTHING....and I hate to have to keep saying that.
Again....again...again...and again I post that I'm not saying I'm owed ANYTHING.
Can't we move pass that?

I'm not owed ANYTHING|agreed!|.....
....but they offered when I wasn't ready to move.
Now I am.
Any other ideas?
Again---please don't judge me---it's a simple question.
Topic answers ONLY please.


Keep your opinions about me and my motives to yourself.
Cause I really don't care....just wasting bandwidth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
307 posts, read 927,787 times
Reputation: 81
I feel sorry for any couple that would live in a 180 Square Foot apartment for 20 years.

I don't believe any 180 SQFT apartment commands $2000 a month.

Not a believable story.

On the same subject, Rent Control and Rent Stabilization are traps. Forces many people to live where they don't want to live for there entire adult lives. Old bathrooms, old kitchens, etc. and the landlord never spends a nickel on the apartment. I'm glad I opted out of that system many years ago, and was able to choose where and how I wanted to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
 
316 posts, read 989,415 times
Reputation: 277
Remington22 - I'll pay you to end this dumb-*ss thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 11:44 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 2,331,086 times
Reputation: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEPNYC View Post
I feel sorry for any couple that would live in a 180 Square Foot apartment for 20 years.

On the same subject, Rent Control and Rent Stabilization are traps. Forces many people to live where they don't want to live for there entire adult lives. Old bathrooms, old kitchens, etc. and the landlord never spends a nickel on the apartment. I'm glad I opted out of that system many years ago, and was able to choose where and how I wanted to live.
You make an excellent point. Just another one of the many sad and sick repurcussions of the NY rent regulation system. Many middle class tenants spend their lives in a place they really don't want to be. The fact is that if they would have bought a co-op 20 years ago the value would have appreciated much more than what they skimmed on the artificially low rent. And on top of that they would have enjoyed the apartment.

These tenants are indeed prisoners of the rent system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Reputation: 28006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington22 View Post
..."entitled"
No I don't think I'm entitled to ANYTHING....and I hate to have to keep saying that.
Again....again...again...and again I post that I'm not saying I'm owed ANYTHING.
Can't we move pass that?

I'm not owed ANYTHING|agreed!|.....
....but they offered when I wasn't ready to move.
Now I am.
Any other ideas?
Again---please don't judge me---it's a simple question.
Topic answers ONLY please.


Keep your opinions about me and my motives to yourself.
Cause I really don't care....just wasting bandwidth.

The LL offered when he was ready, you declined, so it sucks for you.
Just because Now you are ready????? This falls under the catagory of what Judge Judy would say......tough !!


you get nothing, now move already !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top