Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Reputation: 28009

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
You make an excellent point. Just another one of the many sad and sick repurcussions of the NY rent regulation system. Many middle class tenants spend their lives in a place they really don't want to be. The fact is that if they would have bought a co-op 20 years ago the value would have appreciated much more than what they skimmed on the artificially low rent. And on top of that they would have enjoyed the apartment.

These tenants are indeed prisoners of the rent system.

ummm, no, wrong !!!!


if you don't like where you live, then YOU have the power to move.....nobody is holding anyone hostage to live in a certain place.



maybe they stay in places for so long because the rent is cheap....duh !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2012, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Reputation: 28009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington22 View Post
You guys either cannot read, or simply are so upset that I got paid you have to make silly posts like that.
If you read my verrrrrrry first post on this thread you'll notice I said we bought a house out of state.
WE WERE LEAVING ANYWAY!



What do I care?

Oh and here's another little jab at the those that hate me. Let me give you more fuel for your fire.
The last 8 months we were 'there', I sub-letted my apt for $1200 to my friends brother in law---$400 profit for me each month.

Do I feel like I ripped off the landlord?
No. I feel like I've been ripped off for 20 years of the landlord trying to get me out because I kept complaining about BASIC repairs.
Has your landlord ever gone up on the roof and CUT your cable TV wire?
Mine did....twice.
Has your landlord ever cursed and screamed at your wife because she woke you up at 11:30 AM to complain about the lack of hot water?
Mine did.
The list could go on and on...
But it's just a memory for me now. No more New York City. I love it.
I now own a rather nice house nowhere near NYC. I managed to save up a huge down payment which keeps my mortgage under $900.00.
....and I still have yet to touch the tax free cashier's checks I got from them.

Jealous? No need...you can do it too.

Because I am feeling bytchy today.

I hope your new home gets termites and
has a crack in the foundation and
has lead paint and
has mold and
has a leaking roof and
the basement gets flooded and the roof caves in, just to name a few.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
 
4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Reputation: 8577
WOW!
Jealousy is something else.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Yeah... we stayed there because the rent was cheap.
Why else would we stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
 
4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

but anyway, good luck in your new home.
BI-polar are we??
First it's good luck...then evil wishes.
You oughta get more in control of your emotions and not let jealousy and bitterness get in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
 
8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Reputation: 4168
I don't think it is jealousy or bitterness..it is justified annoyance at someone who is purposefully abusing the system, and raping the system...nobody wins. There is nothing to brag about when you cheat an old man out of his retirement funds....and this is no different. The anger and annoyance is justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 AM
 
4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
someone who is purposefully abusing the system, and raping the system...nobody wins.
I'm raping the system??
What do you call this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington22 View Post

You have NO IDEA the hardship I've had to endure because of my rent stab. status.
I've had to call the city on the LL 13 times to get basic service needed.
I was told FACE TO FACE that they are not going to make ANY repairs in my apt. because they have "real tenants" that pay 3 times what I do-and deserve service because of this.

Yeah----so my LL is the true criminal.
Once I've gotten the money I will post EVERY SINGLE document Ive gotten from the city to prove my point.
SO THERE-----
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 AM
 
4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Reputation: 8577
Before you say it--YES---I could have moved.
But why should I have had to have moved to an expensive apt when I have a perfectly good cheap apt. that I was entitled to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Reputation: 28009
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
BI-polar are we??
First it's good luck...then evil wishes.
You oughta get more in control of your emotions and not let jealousy and bitterness get in the way.

my comments are for the first poster.


oh and BTW, I am not jealous, I own a co-op that has been paid off for years and one of my paychecks covers all of my expenses.....all of my monthly expenses.....

so trust me, jealousy is not even in my book.


I just don't like people cheating other people, it isn't nice, and it isn't right.


Even though I am an owner, there are some renters in my building, so I understand more about LL's point of view.

A person doesn't buy buildings because they feel the need too house people, it is a business, this is what a lot of tenants do not understand.

Now I am going to use "sobroguy" as an example (please don't hate me) from what we gather here, he is a small building LL, he probably has a regular job during the day and this is added income.

It is a business. I will let you live here in MY building but you have to pay me....fair, this is fair....

you think he would want a dead beat tenant that doesn't pay rent .....no, of course not.....it is a business....to make money, the same thing I do at my job everyday...I am here to make money....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 AM
 
8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Reputation: 4168
My comment was also geared toward Remington...not Stagger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM
 
2,517 posts, read 4,256,091 times
Reputation: 1948
You get what you pay for. If you pay cheap rent, expect cheap service. Sounds fair to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top