Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,203,004 times

Advertisements

SMH at all the Knicks haters.

We will see when Knicks are good again how all the bandwagon jumpers start coming out the woodworks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,370,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
SMH at all the Knicks haters.

We will see when Knicks are good again how all the bandwagon jumpers start coming out the woodworks...
i was having this convo with my cousin when the lakers won the title 2 or 3 weeks ago.

anywayz me and my cuzzin were highly upset at all these new yorkers who laugh at their own home team and root for l.a more then the people who live in l.a

and i told my cuzzin to just watch how many of these new yorker l.a lovers will bangwagon the knicks when they get their glory again.

funny thing is a lot of new yorkers who laugh at thei rown team know this is coming to reality so now they put up a front saying ooooooo"i never hated the knicks its just that their team hasnt gone no where in years but im all for my city" bla bla bla ahahahah

honestly i have never laughed or cracked on the knicks in my life, because to me if you live in a city and laugh at your team then your one of the most retarded people and probably a huge bandwagor.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,078,308 times
at the end of the day if your not representing the city correct than....

The yankees is the only team that represents the city correct. The knicks havent won since the seventies. Thats unacceptable

Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
at the end of the day if your not representing the city correct than....

The yankees is the only team that represents the city correct. The knicks havent won since the seventies. Thats unacceptable
The Yankees went through a rough spell in the 80's as well did you abandon them as well? Some great fan you are...

Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
The Yankees went through a rough spell in the 80's as well did you abandon them as well? Some great fan you are...
The yankees is the biggest team in the united states, nyc is the biggest city-thats being represented right

The yankees can give away championships going through one decade of turmoil is nothing compared to going through damn near Fourty years which is what the knicks are about

Old 07-06-2010, 08:00 PM

The Knicks were very good in the 90's. Came awfuly close in 94'. It was the Jordan era. Long list of teams and players that didn't win a title. I guess you don't think much of NYC teams in general. Rangers, Jets, Mets all have very few championships...

Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Ya your right im basically just a yankees fan. All other teams come second to me. But im from the bronx so it makes sense

Old 07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,714,584 times
i cannot express in words how much i want lebron to come to the knicks.
thursday will be a very, very long day.

i really hope he signs to the knicks on thursday. i really hope thats what the announcement will be at 9pm on espn.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:20 PM

281 posts, read 1,235,468 times
Amare=yawn.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,299,212 times
Quote:
New York City is funny in the fact that they have the distinction of owning the best franchise in sports and the most overtated franchise in sports. I hate the Yankees but they are the best franchise in sports just do to the fact that they have been literally winning since the 1920's. The Knicks on the other hand are the most overated franchise in sports. They recieve so much press and havent won in 40 years. I still never undertood why the Garden was overhyped anyway, b/c of a couple of Muhammad Ali fights??
Amare does not=title. I find it funny how the Knicks cleared all of this cap room and nobody major really wants to go. Dirk stayed in Dallas,Pierce stayed in Boston, Wade will stay in Miami, Lebron is a pipe dream and that second tier point guard stayed in ATL. Amare Stoudemire is like a constellation prize
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City