Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
Because they're not the ones committing 90% of the crimes.

Also take a step back and compare a regular Irish person from Ireland vs a Somali from worn torn Somalia. Whom would likely come here to America and committ a crime whether it be over money or whatever? Whom would come here to earn money legitly at a job? Enough said. Stop telling me to be politically correct or fair or whatever, you know the truth behind it.
I dont like you using somalia as an example. When it comes to illegals they are very few compared to everyone else. Mexicans are the better example. Lets look at the boarder states and see the crime problem that they cause. Anyone ever heard of m13? Kidnappings, drugs, murders are all the problems that come with them. Yes many illegals come here to make a better life for themselves and their families but the fact is that this nation has its own people to worry about and until we make it that everyone in this country has a job then we can worry about those from other countries.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:50 PM

396 posts, read 1,008,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
A teacher recommended this film. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds interesting. A Day Without A Mexican.
I'll bet this is another left-wing Michael Moore-esque film that puts a spin on it and distorts facts. The fact is, it wasn't that long ago that Americans were doing the jobs that they claim no American wants to do. Heck, I know Americans, who want to do certain jobs and they will not hire them. I know of several places in the Bronx that hires legal immigrants, yet will not hire Blacks. Food for thought...

Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
A teacher recommended this film. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds interesting. A Day Without A Mexican.

It is a comedy and based on no real facts. The truth would never be allowed to be made for fear of being racist. This country goes from one extreme to another. In the past this nation was very racist and disguising and now this nation is so politically correct it is disguising. Is there ever a happy medium.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha83 View Post
I'll bet this is another left-wing Michael Moore-esque film that puts a spin on it and distorts facts. The fact is, it wasn't that long ago that Americans were doing the jobs that they claim no American wants to do. Heck, I know Americans, who want to do certain jobs and they will not hire them. I know of several places in the Bronx that hires legal immigrants, yet will not hire Blacks. Food for thought...

What about a program where people who get welfare work these jobs. Do you know people on welfare are now required to work for their money. They are sweeping the streets. How about a program where they will get a little extra money and have them work for restaurants. That way the restaurant owners get a break from paying full wages and there wont be a need for illegals. There are plently of things that can be done if our politicans cared more about the community they serve then getting reelected.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM

By the way a day without a mexican was created by Alfonso Arau who is mexican himself so it would be safe to say that it will be very pro illegal mexicans.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:11 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,794,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Is there ever a happy medium.
Yes my friend there is, it's called the truth, but no one wants to hear it.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,794,389 times
Quote:
There are plently of things that can be done if our politicans cared more about the community they serve then getting reelected.
Well said, and that is the truth!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,852 times
It's too late to sweep them out as u think.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDEN HAWK View Post
It's too late to sweep them out as u think.
No it isnt. If they try to get government programs they can be tracked and deported, if they comment a crime they can be tracked and deported, to rent you need to be a legal resident, go after employers who hire illegals. It would take time but it can be done.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,356,067 times
Quote:
It is a comedy and based on no real facts. The truth would never be allowed to be made for fear of being racist. This country goes from one extreme to another. In the past this nation was very racist and disguising and now this nation is so politically correct it is disguising. Is there ever a happy medium.
El Norte was the other film my teacher mentioned. Again, I haven't seen this either. Anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City