Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:29 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,750,447 times

Advertisements

My friend was just transfered from a Bronx hospital, Lincoln Hospital to LI Jewish. He said it was a bad experience. He arrived through ER because he fainted at work and found out it's heart related. He said it took them over 12 hours to get him from one of the most chaotic ER to a bed on the telemetry floor. He told me the equipment they used was outdated, very surly nurses who very loud, unhelpful and somewhat unkind. He said the floor he stayed on was very disorganized and put much of the blame on a head nurse that constantly was yelling and barking orders (down the halls for all the patients to hear) at her staff throughout the day. He told me his only relief came when his team of doctors approved the transfer to LI Jewish. I told him what can you expect from a hospital in the South Bronx.

Are there any good hospital in the Bronx? My guess, if you want top notch care request a hospital in Manhattan. He wasn't very far from Mt. Sinai but I guess Lincoln was the closes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 08:16 AM

9,239 posts, read 23,981,439 times
No,they are not ALL bad by any means.

Montefiore Medical Center( in Norwood) and Jacobi Hospital(Pelham Parkway) are both excellent Bronx hospitals.Both have good national reputations and provide top notch care.I like that I live only 6 or 7 blocks from Jacobi and only a mile from Montefiore.

I think if I lived in The South Bronx and had to go to a hospital on an emergency basis I would, if at all possible, get to Columbia Presbyterian which is in nearby Washington Heights.It's closer and a much better hospital than Mt Sinai.

Last edited by bluedog2; 07-17-2010 at 09:00 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,942,248 times
Bronx lebanon and lincoln hospitals are not that great but its better then nothing. Like belluvue harlem and kings county bronx lebanon and lincoln are city hospitals. Its only good for emergencies and don't provide exccelent care. I remember lincoln back in the day it was filthy doctors used to take bloodes swabs and through it on the floor. Jacobi and montifiore are some of the best hospitals in country and I had theowner to be borned in jacobi. But like I said a hospital like lincoln is better then no hospitals espicially here in this city and in queens where many hospitals closed down. All that's left is city hospitals like lincoln and bellvue, jewish hospitals like eintien and moimades and protestan hospitals like prysbertian which has an exccelent nursing program. All the cities catholic hospitals are gone.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:29 PM

5,720 posts, read 19,990,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

Montefiore Medical Center( in Norwood) and Jacobi Hospital(Pelham Parkway) are both excellent Bronx hospitals.Both have good national reputations and provide top notch care.I like that I live only 6 or 7 blocks from Jacobi and only a mile from Montefiore.

I think if I lived in The South Bronx and had to go to a hospital on an emergency basis I would, if at all possible, get to Columbia Presbyterian which is in nearby Washington Heights.It's closer and a much better hospital than Mt Sinai.
Montefiore is a great place. I would recommend it to anyone.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:01 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,278,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

I can vouch for Jacobi. Very good hospital. Used to get all of my biannual checkups there growing up.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:49 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,211,426 times
Are Bronx Lebanon and St. Barnabas even worse than Lincoln?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:03 PM

412 posts, read 1,323,657 times
The only two hospitals I would go to is either Montefiore or Jacobi.

Lincoln, Bronx Lebanon, North Central, St. Barnabas I wouldn't send a dead dog too.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:38 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,617,139 times
Okay, Lincoln and Bronx Lebenon or TERRIBLE hospitals. I have to admit everything your friend made mentioned of is true and maybe even worst. However, don't lead that to believe that all Bronx hospitals are bad. Like some have mentioned, Montefiore, Jacobi and Albert Einstein are very awesome hospitals. As a matter of fact, I remember one time in the Daily News that a kid from Iraq (he was Iraqi) who was in the midst of the war got sent to Montefiore so they can perform surgery on him. I forget exactly what it was but I believe it has to do with his head. So that has to say a lot about Montefiore. I've been there before and it is a great hospital.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:42 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,318,464 times
In general we have great hospitals, and lots of them, however Lincoln and Lebanon are not one of them.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,211,426 times
An old lady said that even Lincoln is better than Harlem Hospital.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 12-09-2010 at 05:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City