Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 AM

343 posts, read 1,023,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That's Circle 5. One of the main bad parts of Rochdale is the Green Courts area, there's always something popping off over there.

I will say that I feel Circle 4 has every other circle beat, it's the closest to the LIRR (about half a "City Block" away across the street). The most parking locations. It's the safest/least drama filled circle from my experience. However the Small Mall is the closest mall, it's not as "good" as the Big Mall (which isn't good to begin with) especially Associated but I think they have improved over the years, I remember when the food used to be moldy.
Do you really know Rochdale? Circle 4 is the worst circles there next to Circle 1. The Cops have a few apartments in those buildings because of the drug activity.

You've got to be under 25 years old to have these views of Rochdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Lol first of all me and you are 2 different people, I don't pay attention to stops. All I know is Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Wood-something (is that the 7 train one?) and thats about it. Whenever I took the LIRR it seemed to make all the stops. My commute was 2 buses (an hour+ each way ) the Q85 & the Q44, so I didn't take the LIRR during rush hour.

Haha I'd still be incorrect, I'm telling you it's not 28 minutes but whatever. I'm no train conductor.

The MTA schedules also state that the Q85 is supposed to come every 2-3 minutes during rush hours, lmao yeah right. Try 7-15 minutes or more. But buses are different. I'm telling you it's not 28 minutes lol.
MTA Bus and LIRR are two different situations.

The LIRR has a 94% on time rate year after year. That's why people take it. It's reliable. Like I said. I was in building 11 this morning, and yes, it was CLEAN.

This is about accuracy and informing people about the neighborhood correctly.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:20 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,269,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
Do you really know Rochdale? Circle 4 is the worst circles there next to Circle 1. The Cops have a few apartments in those buildings because of the drug activity.

You've got to be under 25 years old to have these views of Rochdale.
There's no way Circle 4 is the worse circle next to Circle 1, do YOU really know Rochdale? That'd be Circle 5, then Circle 2/3.

The circles themselves aren't as bad compared to the interior section around the green courts. I know Circle 4 has a drug problem all the circles do in actuality but I'm talking about fights and gun activity not people selling drugs.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
There's no way Circle 4 is the worse circle next to Circle 1, do YOU really know Rochdale?

That'd be Circle 5, then Circle 2/3.
Sure Do. DO YOUUUUU?????

I lived back and forth there from 77-2001. Longer than you've probably been alive.

When Key Food was Gouz.

The Shootouts

Before Rochdale day was a Rochdale day

Before Continental Fashion Started Selling Wigs

Before they put that stupid bird cage in the mall

When that luncheonette was a Korean Deli

WHen the Q85 was called the Q5A

When Dollar Vans were really Dollar Vans

When the Mc Donalds was a Vacant Lot

Before Walgreens and Rite Aid

When the barbershop was where the MRI place is today

When we had skelly tournaments between building 6 and 7.. and Hot water fights using recycled detergent bottles

The door used to beep and we had to press a button that looked like a triangle to exit the buildings

The old white push button intercoms

THree elevator refurbishments

When you had the yellow and black top loading washing machines, that you put quarters in

I could go on young sir...

Last edited by TheBoros; 07-25-2010 at 12:33 AM..

Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
MTA Bus and LIRR are two different situations.

The LIRR has a 94% on time rate year after year. That's why people take it. It's reliable. Like I said. I was in building 11 this morning, and yes, it was CLEAN.

This is about accuracy and informing people about the neighborhood correctly.
The Q85 isn't MTA Bus, it's MTA New York City Bus. However they are going to be merged sooner or later. The QM21, Q111, & Q113 are MTA Bus.

People take the LIRR because it's more convenient (way way faster than the Q85/111/113 + E train).

I'm also informing people about the neighborhood correctly, I'm trying to keep it real, yes Rochdale has some perks but it also has negatives. I'm not covering everything up with good, problems need to be addressed before I'd give it a total seal of approval. You were doing great about the improvements, I didn't know some of the stuff such as the 2 security teams they have now, it did ring bells since I saw them efficiently removing a drunk person from building 10 about 2 weeks ago

As I said before I don't frequent building 11 so you may be right, however you're exaggerating with the "eat off the floors" comment, they don't even clean them as much as they used to, just regular floors. Would you eat off of a regular floor?

Old 07-25-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
There's no way Circle 4 is the worse circle next to Circle 1, do YOU really know Rochdale? That'd be Circle 5, then Circle 2/3.

The circles themselves aren't as bad compared to the interior section around the green courts. I know Circle 4 has a drug problem all the circles do in actuality but I'm talking about fights and gun activity not people selling drugs.
Crime 101: Fights and Gun activity are often the result of people selling doing and or fighting over drugs or turf.

Drug related is the 113th Pct's Favorite word

Old 07-25-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Sure Do. DO YOUUUUU?????

I lived back and forth there from 77-2001. Longer than you've probably been alive.

When Key Food was Gouz.

The Shootouts

Before Rochdale day was a Rochdale day (memory kinda fuzzy on that one)

Before Continental Fashion Started Selling Wigs

Before they put that stupid bird cage in the mall (they just removed that like last year)

When that luncheonette was a Korean Deli (fuzzy)

WHen the Q85 was called the Q5A (I think I was very young when they switched it)

When Dollar Vans were really Dollar Vans

When the Mc Donalds was a Vacant Lot

Before Walgreens and Rite Aid

When the barbershop was where the MRI place is today (the Big mall barber shop?)

When we had skelly tournaments between building 6 and 7.. and Hot water fights using recycled detergent bottles

The door used to beep and we had to press a button that looked like a triangle to exit the buildings

The old white push button intercoms

THree elevator refurbishments (I think 2)

When you had the yellow and black top loading washing machines, that you put quarters in

I could go on young sir...
BOLD is what I remember, I was back and forth there too (not from 77 though, you're older than me).

I could go on too, older sir/ma'am

I remember when they changed the windows, actually very cool since I they left for a while and we had no living room window.

I remember when Dollar Vans used to run on the Q85

When the LIRR had those old super noisy train cars with the flickering lights

When there was Jamaica Bus Lines, going to 5 towns

I remember when PS 30 & 72 were notoriously bad schools (the latter still isn't too nice)

I remember when Rochdale had a baseball league with multiple teams

I remember the Associated strike

The Water Slides at that park near 72, garbage bag over the sprinkler and dump it on the slide

Building Tag, teams with a ton of kids

Ah man it's almost 3 AM so my mind is tweaking.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Crime 101: Fights and Gun activity are often the result of people selling doing and or fighting over drugs or turf.

Drug related is the 113th Pct's Favorite word
Often is the Keyword, things happen over stupid things too such as "disrespect" which is most of what I personally witnessed. Somebody coming back with a gun, somebody getting there head busted on the floor, etc. I recall seeing a dead body, now idk if it was in Rochdale or not (although I think it was, near the burned down wooden park), this occurred before my conscious memory kicked in, I mostly remember my eyes being covered.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
The Q85 isn't MTA Bus, it's MTA New York City Bus. However they are going to be merged sooner or later. The QM21, Q111, & Q113 are MTA Bus.

People take the LIRR because it's more convenient (way way faster than the Q85/111/113 + E train).

I'm also informing people about the neighborhood correctly, I'm trying to keep it real, yes Rochdale has some perks but it also has negatives. I'm not covering everything up with good, problems need to be addressed before I'd give it a total seal of approval. You were doing great about the improvements, I didn't know some of the stuff such as the 2 security teams they have now, it did ring bells since I saw them efficiently removing a drunk person from building 10 about 2 weeks ago

As I said before I don't frequent building 11 so you may be right, however you're exaggerating with the "eat off the floors" comment, they don't even clean them as much as they used to, just regular floors. Would you eat off of a regular floor?
The "floor" comment is just a reference to how clean something is. How many times have you heard someone say that, they wouldnt actually do it. It's just a saying.

But...If you could afford an apartment or house in the area, what amenities would keep you from going to nassau to do shopping? What would you like to see change.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
The "floor" comment is just a reference to how clean something is. How many times have you heard someone say that, they wouldnt actually do it. It's just a saying.

But...If you could afford an apartment or house in the area, what amenities would keep you from going to nassau to do shopping? What would you like to see change.
Lol I know it's just a saying but even still, they must've just cleaned the floors before you walked in lol.

I mean it'd be nice if the "Junk Store" in the Big Mall was like a mini-Target, something like the Kmart in Penn Station. More food/restaurant/delivery choices, higher quality grocery stores, etc. Real stores, I'm sick of 99 cent stores everywhere. I like that Village Cafe in the Big Mall it's relatively new, they got robbed once or twice so they close early which sucks since it's a nice place, a little expensive though. If I still lived there even with improvements I'd still shop in Nassau County but it'd be nice to not travel far to go to a grocery store and other little things. Basically higher quality stores, some chain stores too.

Rochdale is finished for me as far as living there but it's good to see the the hood you used to live in make at least some improvements, we'll see how things go down the road, and if that Locust Manor Estates thing across the tracks ever gets finished (it's supposed to have a 17-21 story building and more houses), maybe that'll allow more change in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City