Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
That's around Bedford and Dean. The area is not considered safe.

With that said, it is gentrifying, check it out for yourself before you move. Summertime is a good gauge, because people are out all times of the day. Walk a few blocks east and west.

There is a huge mens homeless shelter on Atlantic and Bedford Avenue one block away. FYI. And a Methadone Clinic around the corner from that. Also there are a few assisted living facilites for the mentally ill.

You are convenient to transportation, A express at Nostrand one block east and a few blocks up, C local and shuttle train at fulton one block west and a few blocks up as well

I don't know if anyone will see this but I will post something anyway. The post is also a bit old. I grew up in the area and See that it has not changed that much, maybe a bit worse. Would not move into the area at this time given the description that was given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
While this thread was started years ago, I want to reply that this particular area (though I don't exactly call Bedford Ave the border of Prospect Heights and Crown Heights) hasn't necessarily increased in desirability (safety wise), though it has gentrified somewhat. Note, this area has always been aesthetically pleasing with beautiful homes. That said, its awfully close to a large homeless shelter with its own problems. That's the number one downside to this immediate area IMO, but this is more of a message to those who are looking to move there today (as I'm sure the OP already made a decision on the matter).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City