Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,783 times

Advertisements

Before I comment I want to state that there are so many bull..its being talked here that I would need some days to answer to all the intense wrong things stated here.

More Albanians should be online to not allow such idiocies to be thrown around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff008 View Post
What the Greek dude is saying is total bull**** that no one is buying anymore. This is a very old fashion propaganda that even the greeks themselves are sick and tired from. Truth of the matter is, Albania went through tough times during Hoxha's Communist state, but Greeks failed horribly to show good to show some humanity and offer help and lowpaying jobs to their neighbors, but rather showed xenophobia and hate. Greeks have proven to be lazy and xenophobic. The entire Europe was pouring money to this parasitic nation and the still cannot stand on their feet. Albanians plaid a major role in fight for Greece's independence from Ottomans and if it wasn't for some European nations Albanian Language would have been an official language in Greece. A lot of Albanians that I know have very bad memories while they lived and worked in Greece.

For the one who said that the guy with pizzeria doesn't call the cops but handles the criminals by himself, my respond to you is: "Are you stupid? This is something to be proud of" Do you really believe that cops will save your ass? Because they never saved mine.
Well lots of Albanians are spoiled and when you emigrate to a country you should not expect for a paradise to come.

Albanians in Greece have worked hard and have had a great impact on the economy of the country. Greece is a country which produces nothing besides tourism and was always maintained alive through the money of the west.

Today is the vast crisis in Greece, Albanians are keeping alive the property market because they are the only people who have actually money in greece as many greeks themselves are immigrating or many greek girls are selling themselves as prostitutes for 2-3 euros in athens and thessaloniki.

in greece there are more than 22,000 albanian businesses.

Modern Greece is a fake country created by western Europe because it wanted a buffer zone in the ottoman empire.

The revolution of 1821 was a purely Orthodox Albanian revolution and not '' greek'' because greeks themselves did not exist back than.

Even Athens was speaking Albanian. Most of what is today Greece was composed of Albanians, Vlachs, Ottomans, Armenians, Slavs and a some chunk of rominoi or just roman citizens.

The greekification of the Arvanites was a project done in details by western europe. All the state of modern greece, all the money, all the assimilation process, all the structure was a plan created in the offices of london
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The Greeks have been screwing Albania up the butt for centuries my friend. Greeks always screw people up the Butt with their tricks and out smarting everyone else and pitting powers against one another until its time for them to attack. I don't know much about the Balkan Penninsual but I know a lot about Greece which I revere greatly as a Westerner and indeed the father of all Western Civlization.

However I do agree Albania and its peoples which have been in Europe the longest besides the Basques of Spain and France pretty rough. Greece is a shadow of its former self. Greece bankrupt its self into oblivion. Over the ages Greece screwed over Albania and even to some extent Italy across the Adriatic. Turkey might be Albania best friend especially since Albanians are mostly Muslim and retain many aspects of Turkish culture since the Ottoman days. It was real sad that prior to the economic crash plenty of Albanians worked in construction, low wages jobs and as sex workers in Greece as well Italy. Greece and Italy is so washed up in debt that plenty of Albanians headed back home because their is no money to be made in the neighboring EU countries. As for why Europe is bailing Greece? Beats me. Maybe Europe owes a huge indemnity to Greece since its the father of Western Civilization.
The only thing the neo greeks or modern greeks can screw is themselves and no one else.

Greece as a country and as a nation ( not as a state, because nations can exist without states and states can be born without ethnic nations) DID NOT EXIST 190 YEARS AGO.

Athens 150 years ago was an Albanian speaking village and entire areas of middle greece and Peloponnese were just lands belonging to Albanians.

I am even doing the mistake of using the word '' greece'' because greece did not exist back than as a concept even in maps.

Ancient hellenic city states were conquered by Rome in 199 BC and many ancient greeks started to die and get cleansed . The final blow was during the slavic invasion and when the Eastern Roman Empire ( which has nothing to do with modern greeks) was putting many Armenians in today's peloponnese.

The final final blow was when Thessaly became a Vlach homeland and when huge armies of Albanians invaded what is known today '' as southern greece'' in the 13th and 14th centuries. These Orthodox Albanian invaders would be later known as Arvanites.

They conquered everything in their own path and even when they came in Athens and other areas in fact many places were desert.

So basically what is today modrn greek territory was invaded by every single race and nation and many areas were colonized by these people. Later on these people would become neo greeks and suddenly became descendants of Pericles. This is why you are my friend.

Later on in middle ages Albanians Princes such as Gjin Bue shpata, Prel Loshaj or even Zenebishti families before them would extend albanian controlled de facto and de juro lands from Gjirokastra to Corinth channel.

These lands would be part of the Albanian League of Lezh of League of the Albanian Princes under Skanderbeg stretching from Corinth to Hercegovina as a united albanian state.

Later on in the 16th centuries, Albanians would continue to be de facto in control of most of todays northwestern greece. Later on in the 18th and 19th centuries Albanian independent Lords or Pashas would create their own empires in the Balkans and middle east and try to seize the Ottoman Empire itself.

From 1770 till 1829, Albanian mercenaries and albanian lords such as Ali Pashe of Tepelena and armies of Muhamed Ali would control and keep under albanian political control most of what is today modern greece.

On these years Orthodox Albanian invaders aka Arvanites would start an orthodox revolution in Morea ( Peloponnese) which the western banking powers would turn into a '' greek revolution''.

Modern greeks even their national dress took it from Albanians, but because they were ashamed of this steeling tey cit down a shorter version of the 300 plates Albanian fustanella.

A huge part of what is today '' traditional greek culture'' is taken from Albanians, from the dances to songs and costumes.

So not just have Albanians screwed modern greeks in the ass for centuries and centuries, but actually modern greeks are Albanian's off springs and copy cats of the Albanian culture.

The common folk in the west must be informed who albanians are, how much they have influenced history for their small numbers and who the modern greeks are.

The father of the so called '' western civilization'' is the Roman Empire. The laws, the state, the structure, the army, the roads, the architecture, the engineering, the concrete everything is from Rome.

Europe is helping modern greecE because MODERN GREEKS HAVE STOLEN 400 BILLION EUROS TO WHICH EUROPE GAVE TO THEM THROUGH 20 YEARS.

For that europe wants back it's money andhas enslaved you totally. Nothing to do with the delusions you talked about . Modern greeks are off springs of albanian invaders, vlachs, slavs, ottomans , armenians, roman citizens and nothing to do with the ancient ones which have vanished a long time ago.

As for the other part of your comment.... in the beginning Albanians who came in greece might have worked in construction and took the jobs you have been doing for 50 years but later on things progressed.

Albanians now own 22,000 businesses in greece and are keeping alive the property sector in greece. Greek banks have even put albanian language in their repertory.

Most of the sex workers in greece have always been greek women, but after the 90s , romanian, russian and bulgarian prostitutes came.

After the 2009 crisis, majority of the prostitutes in Greece rebecame greek women who sell themselves for 5 euros.

Facts are facts.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
the last time i checked most white people stereotypically speaking hated albanians because they thought that Albanians tried to hard to act black/latino or loved black/latino.

and i thought that same thing stood for the bronx to.

here in brooklyn Albanians all get along with blacks , love listening to rap music and dressing urban.

and albanian women love dating interracial with blacks and hispanics.

well from my point of view anyway.
What does it mean '' the last time I checked'' ???? What does this mean and who are you to check or state something about any ethnicity??

No one in europe or whenever albanians are dare to say anything in front of albanians, but if some people have issues they have because albanians might have beaten them.

Most of Albanians get along very well with other whites, even though most whites are scared chickens.

Most of the things you have stated on this thread are blatant lies and you seem obsesed with albanians.

No, Albanians do not associate themselves at all with Blacks or Latinos.

No, Albanian women do not love to date exotic races, nor do they date exotic races to them such as latinos or blacks. There might be exceptions in a huge multi racial place such as USA, but it is not a trend.

It is not allowed and ashamed if an albanian girls dates a foreigner, let alone an exotic black or latino.

She would be disowned by her father and brother and not accepted anymore in the albanian nation.

The same things are other severla guys telling to you in this thread but you want to continue with your crap.

These are the cold facts, does not matter good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
In Brooklyn a lot of Albanians try very hard to fit in with blacks. Blasting loud rap music, using the n word probably more than blacks and Ricans, and they are ok with hanging out in black groups.

So for Brooklyn's sake I can say there is no tension between the groups.
Nope.

Albanians do not associate themselves with other whites, let alone with blacks.

You can call it racism or whatever you want , but the last thing albanians would do is to associate themselves with blacks. .

There might be some albanians that hang out with blacks but that is all, it is not a norm, but exception .

You repeat the same thing like a robot.

Albanians now own very large properties in Bronx and have taken over large parts of the restaurant and service industries in new york and have advanced a lot in the construction business as owners.

Albanians have better things to do than beat up blacks. There might be some racist Albanians as some guys stated in here with their own experiences but that is all.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
The revolution of 1821 was a purely Orthodox Albanian revolution and not '' greek'' because greeks themselves did not exist back than.

Even Athens was speaking Albanian. Most of what is today Greece was composed of Albanians, Vlachs, Ottomans, Armenians, Slavs and a some chunk of rominoi or just roman citizens.
I am sure Greeks would disagree with you. Greece was a distinct nationalistic group in the 18-19th century. No question. Otherwise, how do you explain that their language is clearly a modernized version of Ancient Greek? On the other hand, you can't say with same clarity the same for Albanian language, can you?

In 1770 Greeks revolted against the Ottomans with the help of Russians. This is the Orlov Revolt.

Turks put the revolt down, and allowed Albanians military men to rampage throughout Greece. Albanians killed a lot of Greeks, sometimes population of entire towns. Many Greeks from the main cities fled and hid into the islands, into the mountains, and even abroad.

Yes, it is true that Athens only had 5,000 people at the start of the Greek Revolution, but Greece was so much more than Athens then. For example, Greeks were great mariners, and very capable at sea.

Historical facts are the Greeks were some of the earliest countries to go free from Ottomans, and no one can claim "Greece didn't exists" then.

Look, I spent time in those places, and I am a big admirer of Greek and Albanian history and culture, but no one can logically claim that Greece did not exist 190 years ago. By same token, Albanian existed even less.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,117 times
Quote:
It is not allowed and ashamed if an albanian girls dates a foreigner, let alone an exotic black or latino.

She would be disowned by her father and brother and not accepted anymore in the albanian nation.
This is laughable. In cities and towns I was at in Albania, as a young red-blooded single American stud, I found the opposite to be true. Maybe in some remote village where people still lived in the 14th century -- even there I would doubt.

If anything, dating a foreigner was seen as a smart thing to do and girls would compete to get the "catch." Very typical of any Eastern European country.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Before I comment I want to state that there are so many bull..its being talked here that I would need some days to answer to all the intense wrong things stated here.

More Albanians should be online to not allow such idiocies to be thrown around.

Well lots of Albanians are spoiled and when you emigrate to a country you should not expect for a paradise to come.

Albanians in Greece have worked hard and have had a great impact on the economy of the country. Greece is a country which produces nothing besides tourism and was always maintained alive through the money of the west.

Today is the vast crisis in Greece, Albanians are keeping alive the property market because they are the only people who have actually money in greece as many greeks themselves are immigrating or many greek girls are selling themselves as prostitutes for 2-3 euros in athens and thessaloniki.

in greece there are more than 22,000 albanian businesses.

Modern Greece is a fake country created by western Europe because it wanted a buffer zone in the ottoman empire.

The greekification of the Arvanites was a project done in details by western europe. All the state of modern greece, all the money, all the assimilation process, all the structure was a plan created in the offices of london
Greece is an OCED country like Germany, Italy and France. Greeks do not do not perform low skilled jobs and are dependent on immigrants. Millions of Albanians migrated to Greece and Italy for work and helped improve both countries economies. Yes you are in fact correct that Greece does not produce anything. Greece lost its production base with the loss of Southern Italy to the Normans in the 11th century, and gradually lost Anatolia in the following countries. With the Loss of Italy and Anatolia, Greece as a whole was done for and this lead to the conquest by the Ottoman Turks in 1453 Modern Greece today needs the control of South Italy, and Anatolia for anything productive. Greek identity emerged in the final stages of the fall of the Byzantine Empire. The Greek idea wont not emerge until the ideals of nationalism by Napoleon Bonaparte. The idea of Greek state was put forward by mainly Greeks, but supported by Russians, British, French, Spanish, Austrians. They all saw Ottomans as the sick man of Europe and was easy pickings. The rise of nationalism in the 19th century saw the creation of 3 major European countries. Mind you these 3 euroepan countries were part of Empires, and divided by city state or by certain tribes and principalities. Greece was the first country that came about in the 19th century, after that Italy and Germany decades later.

As for Athens speaking Albanian? I'm not sure. But with plenty of Albanians being Muslim. I'm sure the ottoman Turks saw Albanians far more trust worthy than the local dubious Greek population. During the early 20th century. Greece went through a period of Hellinazation of ethnic cleansing where Greeks who lived in former Ottoman territories like the Levant, Palestine, Anatolia relocated to the Greek mainland. While many Muslims who lived in Greek lands moved to either Albania or Turkey where its mostly Muslim. Remember Woodrow Wilson 14 points?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:44 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Can't say that I find Albanian women attractive on average. Many of them smoke too.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:27 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Can't say that I find Albanian women attractive on average. Many of them smoke too.
That's true of most Eastern European women. They seem to be stuck in the 1980's when smoking was "cool". One of the most disgusting habits around. The oxymoron is they claim to be so healthy and in shape, but smoke like it's no tomorrow. One of things I couldn't stand when I lived in Europe (that includes Western Europe too). They started banning smoking in some countries in certain areas, but people still smoke there like there's nothing wrong with it. I too am not really into Slavic women, but to each his own.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's true of most Eastern European women. They seem to be stuck in the 1980's when smoking was "cool". One of the most disgusting habits around. The oxymoron is they claim to be so healthy and in shape, but smoke like it's no tomorrow. One of things I couldn't stand when I lived in Europe (that includes Western Europe too). They started banning smoking in some countries in certain areas, but people still smoke there like there's nothing wrong with it. I too am not really into Slavic women, but to each his own.
Albanian people are not Slavic btw. They are a separate tribe in the Indo European race.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:36 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Albanian people are not Slavic btw. They are a separate tribe in the Indo European race.
You're right, but that's probably the best category to put them in because they're Eastern European and most of their neighbors are indeed Slavic (speak a language with Slavic roots). Their history is a complicated one though. There's also the question of whether they're really White, but the easy answer is "yes", but historically speaking, even that's been questioned because of their background, and the fact that Christianity is usually associated with being White in Europe. That's one reason why Turkey is so up in the air when it comes to being accepted as being "White".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
This is laughable. In cities and towns I was at in Albania, as a young red-blooded single American stud, I found the opposite to be true. Maybe in some remote village where people still lived in the 14th century -- even there I would doubt.

If anything, dating a foreigner was seen as a smart thing to do and girls would compete to get the "catch." Very typical of any Eastern European country.
Yes, exactly! If anything the American men are always trying to hook up with the Euro chicks because they think they're easy and somewhat "exotic" (take from that that what you will), but when I lived there, I would notice it regularly, and would always chuckle to myself. I on the other hand found myself hit on most of the time by the women. I don't fit into one look and I speak several languages, so it is difficult to put me into a little box. I loved choosing to pretend that I didn't speak English when I didn't want to be bothered too.

As for the Albanians, they are ruthless bunch of people. Historically they've had to fight to survive and they have no problem standing up for themselves. I think they generally get along with everybody, but don't cross them. They will come after you with a vengeance. They may look white, but because they are Eastern European and many are Muslim, they don't fall into the same criteria if you will, so that's another thing. I think Hispanics and Blacks just view them as being White and easy targets, since they likely don't know much about them, but they are anything but.

A good friend of mine who used to live in Morris Park would always joke about the Albanians mixing it up with the Italian mafiosi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City