Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 07:14 PM

45 posts, read 161,336 times

Advertisements

Hey all, So I had my interview today and, things were much different from what I was expecting. The first thing we filled out were various papers, that they will send out,(To our Banks, Jobs, Landlord, & College) so that they can verify truth in everything.

Next was a series of a whole bunch of questions And then She asked for the Pay stubs and the 6 months of bank statements. She did not do any calculations and when I noticed that, I asked her If we will get a decision today. She then told me no, And that she first has to send out ALL of the paperwork and do all the calculations and will take at least 4-6 weeks!!!!! She said we will get a letter if we are rejected or not.

I received a checklist of things I needed to get back to them. Apparently I needed to print every single page on every single statement, which is like 100 pages between me and my Girlfriend. (Time to head out to staples!!)

While on the interview I overheard one of the other interviewers explain to someone that, right now only the people being called are the people that have the Community Board 4 preference and that there is a large group and will take awhile.

I asked the interviewer if she had any updates about the apartment and she really did not have much, but she did tell me that the apartment is carpeted, has A washer and drier(I think she said made by GE) and has a dishwasher as well.

She did also mention that If I do find any information On the Market Rate apartments, such as the size that the affordable units, will be of different size, so don't go by that.

She did not have the name of the building, nor did she know any dimensions, she told me that, they are pretty much kept in the dark about everything as much as we are.

According to her, they are still on schedule to start move in, in March so that's a good thing to hear. My interview when all said and done was an hour and Well that's pretty much all I have for you guys and gals.

Good luck everyone!
And Sorry for the essay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 PM

Oh and What apartments you two got on the waiting list for? River East? Is that River Place II

Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM

9 posts, read 21,400 times
hi,
did they run your credit? thank you

Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM

270 posts, read 748,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkjoj View Post
Oh and What apartments you two got on the waiting list for? River East? Is that River Place II
River East..on 91st street and 1st ave I think? rp2 is different
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CBYQnwIwAA

use street view to see the bldg

Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM

82 posts, read 192,019 times
Smile Woooww...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkjoj View Post
Hey all, So I had my interview today and, things were much different from what I was expecting. The first thing we filled out were various papers, that they will send out,(To our Banks, Jobs, Landlord, & College) so that they can verify truth in everything.

Next was a series of a whole bunch of questions And then She asked for the Pay stubs and the 6 months of bank statements. She did not do any calculations and when I noticed that, I asked her If we will get a decision today. She then told me no, And that she first has to send out ALL of the paperwork and do all the calculations and will take at least 4-6 weeks!!!!! She said we will get a letter if we are rejected or not.

I received a checklist of things I needed to get back to them. Apparently I needed to print every single page on every single statement, which is like 100 pages between me and my Girlfriend. (Time to head out to staples!!)

While on the interview I overheard one of the other interviewers explain to someone that, right now only the people being called are the people that have the Community Board 4 preference and that there is a large group and will take awhile.

I asked the interviewer if she had any updates about the apartment and she really did not have much, but she did tell me that the apartment is carpeted, has A washer and drier(I think she said made by GE) and has a dishwasher as well.

She did also mention that If I do find any information On the Market Rate apartments, such as the size that the affordable units, will be of different size, so don't go by that.

She did not have the name of the building, nor did she know any dimensions, she told me that, they are pretty much kept in the dark about everything as much as we are.

According to her, they are still on schedule to start move in, in March so that's a good thing to hear. My interview when all said and done was an hour and Well that's pretty much all I have for you guys and gals.

Good luck everyone!
And Sorry for the essay

Omg!! I know you must have been sooo nervous!! I am super suprised that they still didn't have much info to tell you *sigh*... and that even if we find pictures of the market apartments online that it won't matter because lottery apartments are different. Carpet through out?? I wasn't expecting that either but hey what can you do right? As long as its new with good quality I won't complain lol . I just hope that after they are done with the preference people that there will be some apartments left for my family size. 4-6 weeks is really long but for a place like this its well worth it. Thanks again Walkjoj for the info its much appreciated! Oh and my family was put on the waiting list for River east apts its different from river place..but from what I'm hearing they put alot of people on the waiting list so *sigh* thats definitely up in the air. I guess all we can do now is pray for the best and hopefully everyone on this thread will get a lottery apartment of their choice.

Last edited by squirrelsquare; 11-02-2010 at 09:28 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 9,751 times
Hello everyone - long time follower first time posting. I just got my letter from Related in the mail. I was so excited but when I opened it I was told that I was wait listed. But after reading walkjoj's description of the process I can see why. They obviously do not follow the same process like other management companies as walkjoj stated. It seems as though there's no initial screening process where you are told if you progress further or not. Because of that it is going to take a while before they reject someone and send out letters to other applicants to supplant those that were denied which I hope explains why I was wait listed. Or probably I'm wrong and they filled up the apartments allocated for affordable housing.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1233 View Post
hi,
did they run your credit? thank you
Nope, No credit check but Maybe in the future, I really don't know

Old 11-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
River East..on 91st street and 1st ave I think? rp2 is different
Google Maps

use street view to see the bldg
Ohhh, I see I see, You applied for this building? I haven't seen this one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelsquare View Post
Omg!! I know you must have been sooo nervous!! I am super suprised that they still didn't have much info to tell you *sigh*... and that even if we find pictures of the market apartments online that it won't matter because lottery apartments are different. Carpet through out?? I wasn't expecting that either but hey what can you do right? As long as its new with good quality I won't complain lol . I just hope that after they are done with the preference people that there will be some apartments left for my family size. 4-6 weeks is really long but for a place like this its well worth it. Thanks again Walkjoj for the info its much appreciated! Oh and my family was put on the waiting list for River east apts its different from river place..but from what I'm hearing they put alot of people on the waiting list so *sigh* thats definitely up in the air. I guess all we can do now is pray for the best and hopefully everyone on this thread will get a lottery apartment of their choice.
Nervous was not the word, we were shaking in our boots!!! Hahaha, But once I found out that we weren't going to find out if we got it or not, I was able to ease down. I was not surprised that she did not know anything, and I'm not sure if she meant the whole thing carpeted or not, but I hope not, I love hardwood floors. Whats funny was she didnt even know exactly either, when I asked about it, she just took a piece of paper from the wall that looked like an email, and just read it to us. Like I said before, she pretty much is in the dark as well. Hopefully In the coming months, (Hoping for more like Next month) We get some nice updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxkid View Post
Hello everyone - long time follower first time posting. I just got my letter from Related in the mail. I was so excited but when I opened it I was told that I was wait listed. But after reading walkjoj's description of the process I can see why. They obviously do not follow the same process like other management companies as walkjoj stated. It seems as though there's no initial screening process where you are told if you progress further or not. Because of that it is going to take a while before they reject someone and send out letters to other applicants to supplant those that were denied which I hope explains why I was wait listed. Or probably I'm wrong and they filled up the apartments allocated for affordable housing.
Wow Wait listed already? My guess is that they reached the number of apartments that will be available, and until they start rejecting people, thats when they go to the waiting list. I can already tell this is going to be an abnormally long process. The reason for the amount of paperwork that we have filled out, BEFORE even getting the apartment is beyond me. It just means more work for them and more anxiety for us trying to get apartments.

Good Luck though!!! I suspect since you received a letter so early, that you are among the top on the list, Did you get a Log number?

Last edited by Walkjoj; 11-03-2010 at 03:35 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 04:33 PM

82 posts, read 192,019 times
Unhappy Oh no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxkid View Post
@bxkid If don't mind me asking what apartment size are you going for?? Did you send out your application in july, august or september??
That is really disappointing that they are already putting people on the waiting list sooo early in the game wow...

@walkjoj lol I can only imagine the nervousness!! But atleast your getting somewhere...I didn't check my mail today I'm kind of nervous myself I hope I hear from them but yeah this is looking like a long journey..

Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Yes Long journey indeed!

FYI: The lady didn't even know if the Move in time will be the same for Market Rate and Affordable housing. I personally don't think it should matter and It should be the same time.

Hey,I would also Like to know what size apartments everyone applied for, and When you guys sent out your application. Personally I sent out My application like a week or two before deadline, And I applied for the 1 Bedroom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City