Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 03:31 PM

5 posts, read 12,664 times

Advertisements

Runma12, like you I got a waitlist letter and then the interview invitation letter some weeks later. In my case, I live in Board 4 so that's why I'm getting the interview. Good luck! The last I heard was that people would be moving in there in March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 12:20 PM

30 posts, read 83,760 times
Hi, Does anyone know the procedure to moving from a studio to a 1 bedroom in same building. Is this possible after having lived in one of these units for a few months? Thanks!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 PM

43 posts, read 95,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runma12 View Post
Hi all, I'm totally knew to this but I have been following the post for quite some time now. I have recently received a letter from the management at 440 west 42 street. The letter stated that I was on the waiting list and i would receive another letter for an interview. Has anyone found anymore information regarding the development thus far. Has anyone received an invite to view the apartment and exactly when they will start moving people in?

@WALKJOJ...been following your post as well, did you hear anything from the management after your interview?
On interview said moving on March,2010

Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 PM

6 posts, read 19,359 times
I haven't received any letter yet I'm still waiting

Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM

5 posts, read 12,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker23 View Post
Hi, Does anyone know the procedure to moving from a studio to a 1 bedroom in same building. Is this possible after having lived in one of these units for a few months? Thanks!
I think you have to decide what you want and are eligible for at the onset and then later on if you have "a change in household composition" you could then be waitlisted for the next size up apartment. This is a good question to ask your interviewer when you're in there. My guess it that it could take years to change up if no one from that size apartment moves out

Old 12-04-2010, 10:17 PM

17 posts, read 46,135 times
Good News! I received a letter today Dec. 4, 2010 regarding the 440 West 42nd st. apts.! It says that I have to contact them to schedule my appointment for an interview and lists the tons of documents that you have to bring in for the interview. GOSH!!!! I'm getting so nervous!! I REALLY REALLY want this to work out! Wish me luck! And I am hoping to hear some more good news from some of you on here!! Good luck to you too! Keep us posted if you hear ANYTHING!!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Thumbs up See this proves if you get the waitlist letter, you still CAN get the interview letter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittleScuffle View Post
Runma12, like you I got a waitlist letter and then the interview invitation letter some weeks later. In my case, I live in Board 4 so that's why I'm getting the interview. Good luck! The last I heard was that people would be moving in there in March.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittleScuffle View Post
After years of applying for these I finally won a studio apt in a great neighborhood 2 years ago. But it is pretty small... So I applied to 440 W42 and amazingly have an upcoming interview for a 1 Bedroom! BUT if I qualify this will be SO tough to decide what to do! More space in super busy W.42 or less space in a great neighborhood?!?
KITTLESCUFFLE, Do you have any advice or tips about the interview process since you made through and got your studio? I did an interview in the past for another building and I was REJECTED! They said the percentage of income verses my expenditure was over what they deemed appropriate. I forgot the percentage amount... but they added up everything and divided it all by 12 and then looked at my bank statement to see bills I pay monthly... they decided I was a reject... : ( I sure hope you have some tips for passing these interviews!!!! : ) THANKS in advance!!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:39 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,707 times
ok fill me in on this set up ..are you buying the apt or renting the apt or trying to geet on a fixed income list for socalled rent controled building ..if iam buying the place why do i need to get a interview with the people who live there ..once i pay for the place it mine to do with as i see fit ..

now renting i can understand the whole go and talk to the apt mgn company about the getting the apt .

but if iam buying it it between me and the people who are selling it and no one else business or iam wrong to think that way about the whole thing ..

Old 12-05-2010, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 21,402 times
congrats and best of luck on the interview. are you in the community board or not? Best, Helen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City