Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 11:56 AM

6 posts, read 13,802 times

Advertisements

i have my interview feb 22 and my application number is 55. I am not sure if i will get qualify but hopefully with my 20,800 income with no over time could help me get in. all i want to know if they do credit check for these low-income housing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkjoj View Post
No Idea how it works, but I would guess its just everybody and Good luck to you as well!

No Problem! and hmmm No idea how the rent is, I'm living with parents so I have no rent, I hope that's not a problem either :-/

I dont rent either and i have an interview on the 22 of feb, this will be my first time renting if i am chosen, we will seee

Old 02-13-2011, 02:49 PM

12 posts, read 33,657 times
wow...they're still doing interviews? Has anyone who had an interview back in November heard anything? I assumed an earlier interview meant a better chance...but maybe I'm wrong about that? My application number was high...in the 5 thousands I think, but I'm in the community board. I really have no idea where I stand. Is there any way to calculate my chances, even vaguely?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:58 PM

12 posts, read 33,657 times
additionally, does anyone know of any other management companies that have open waiting lists for their affordable housing division? I just put myself on Related's but would like to do so with some others. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:38 AM

17 posts, read 33,777 times
Default Waiting as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlethreat View Post
wow...they're still doing interviews? Has anyone who had an interview back in November heard anything? I assumed an earlier interview meant a better chance...but maybe I'm wrong about that? My application number was high...in the 5 thousands I think, but I'm in the community board. I really have no idea where I stand. Is there any way to calculate my chances, even vaguely?

I am waiting as well for a responce since interviewing back in November. My application number is high but I feel good about my chances. Its a waiting game. Good luck to all that applied.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:05 PM

43 posts, read 95,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankeskasantiago View Post
i have my interview feb 22 and my application number is 55. I am not sure if i will get qualify but hopefully with my 20,800 income with no over time could help me get in. all i want to know if they do credit check for these low-income housing
YES. They do credit check also. Also make verification from your past landlords(eviction etc), bank statements, criminal records

Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM

9 posts, read 21,402 times
Hi Frankeskasantiago,

Are you within the "preferences" or not?

Thank you and Good luck on Tuesday.

Thank you

Helen

Old 02-20-2011, 11:54 AM

I don't have any past landlords, i live with my mother, i am on her lease, so i will just bring a paper stating that i live there and receipts payment of rent which my mother pays for, the lady told me to bring that so we will see, since i have never rented before maybe i wont qualify but who knows

Old 02-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1233 View Post
Hi Frankeskasantiago,

Are you within the "preferences" or not?

Thank you and Good luck on Tuesday.

Thank you

Helen

i live in the community board and i work in the city , i hope it goes well on tuesday

Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,858 times
Went to an interview a few weeks ago. I was told part of the application process will include scheduling a visit to an applicant's home. Can anyone explain what the home visit is for? What do they do, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City