Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 PM

43 posts, read 95,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelsquare View Post
Hahahahaha you are absolutely right because the low income (poor) have to be evaluated thoroughly before they get into a luxury building. Not the rich all they have to have is money so you make a good argument there lol . Right now I am trying to get into 401 west 25th street I didn't give up please keep me in prayers emulator . I wonder how Gulya is doing... I am alittle nervous we have to hand in some paperwork some debt that was paid off already is showing up on our credit report so we have to get proof that we paid it. The lady that is handling our paperwork is very discouraging so I just hope everything works out for my family.
I so happy for u squirrelsquare!!!
U have to fight babe!!! U know that I was twice rejected!!! And I don't know what it is helps..but I was take the laywer on first place and filling complain letter on second...might that was helps or I just got luck...but IT DOES MATTER NOW.. I GOT the PLACE..and this is account now.
If you know you have proove what you right ..just go forward!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 08:04 PM

17 posts, read 33,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
Hopefully this lady just does her job. I will always believe that it basically " WHO" handles your case that can mostly determine if you get in or not. I'm not saying if a person is so nice that they will " hook" you up. Just that if they are a good person on the inside..they will do everything that can to guide you correctly to the best of their ability. If a "jerk" handles it, they will not care about anything and just close your case and say " NEXT"!
Much luck to you..if it is meant for you it will be yours. As you may know I found out the hard way, after about 5 interviews in 2010 all gone bad, until I finally got mine, which I guess was meant " for me".

When I read all the stories of how difficult it can be, I say to myself I am very fortuante to have gotten in on the first try. The case worker who works with you can make it tough but if you go in with a positive attitude, have all your paperwork on time and hopefully within the guidelines, and you follow up, good things could happen. Good luck to all.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:01 AM

24 posts, read 45,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since64NYC View Post
When I read all the stories of how difficult it can be, I say to myself I am very fortuante to have gotten in on the first try. The case worker who works with you can make it tough but if you go in with a positive attitude, have all your paperwork on time and hopefully within the guidelines, and you follow up, good things could happen. Good luck to all.
Hi Since64NYC ,

How do you like there so far ? I looked both apartments . they are not only modified the kitchen , floor , bath room and no door in front of wash /dry but also the rooms and closets much smaller .

Old 10-30-2011, 05:24 PM

82 posts, read 192,035 times
Smile Thanks for the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulya View Post
I so happy for u squirrelsquare!!!
U have to fight babe!!! U know that I was twice rejected!!! And I don't know what it is helps..but I was take the laywer on first place and filling complain letter on second...might that was helps or I just got luck...but IT DOES MATTER NOW.. I GOT the PLACE..and this is account now.
If you know you have proove what you right ..just go forward!!!
Thanks for the response gulya and emulator, I am going up to the place tomorrow so I am looking forward to hear some good news when we finally hand in the last pieces to our puzzle this preference thing is starting to seem alittle unfair I just pray that it doesn't get in the way of us getting this place..I will update you on everything when I get back home tomorrow owww I am soo nervous hahahaha lol!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknycc View Post
Hi Since64NYC ,

How do you like there so far ? I looked both apartments . they are not only modified the kitchen , floor , bath room and no door in front of wash /dry but also the rooms and closets much smaller .

I like the building and staff is helpful. My view is what makes it all worthwhile.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 PM

9 posts, read 20,503 times
I got in!!! Whew!! I can't believe it!. Actually I signed the lease but not actually in the apartment yet. I have a question for someone who currently lives there.....

I know many have mentioned problems with having the rug because of allergies and have requested information about having hard woods installed but does anyone know if we can just have the carpet removed altogether regardless? I mean, I don't know what's underneath the rug currently but almost prefer whatever it may be, to the rug itself. I don't have allergies but I do have a dog and do not want to be vacuuming it every few hours. I also paint and worry about ruining the carpet while working on projects. Anyone request to just have the rug removed?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM

hi HK4EVA,

Congratulation ! do you get one bed room up 40 floor? Do you have nice size ?
i am thinking changing the carpet . please post any good ideas in here .

Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 PM

9 posts, read 20,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknycc View Post
hi HK4EVA,

Congratulation ! do you get one bed room up 40 floor? Do you have nice size ?
i am thinking changing the carpet . please post any good ideas in here .
Hi! I have a studio. I would have preferred a one bedroom but what can I say, I am happy I got in. The studio is VERY tiny. I wish I could afford new flooring but I can't. I'd almost rather remove the carpet and use the subflooring if it's not too bad.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsKitchen4Eva View Post
Hi! I have a studio. I would have preferred a one bedroom but what can I say, I am happy I got in. The studio is VERY tiny. I wish I could afford new flooring but I can't. I'd almost rather remove the carpet and use the subflooring if it's not too bad.

any possible let related management changing the floor with no charge ?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsKitchen4Eva View Post

I also live in a studio and though it may be tiny the bathrrom, kitchen and walk in closet make up for the small space in the living area. If you can join the M Club. It's worth it. Welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City