Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM

82 posts, read 191,624 times

Advertisements

Oh also did anyone find out how the layouts of the apartments will be? I did some research online and I got nothing. To be honest alot of the images I found and info I found are kind of out dated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 AM

17 posts, read 46,043 times
Thank you WALKJOJ for the link and the info. I'm so excited waiting to hear ANYTHING! I search daily for floor plans and any other info and don't get much of anything! Lemme know if you get any word! Best of luck to you.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:52 AM

684 posts, read 1,808,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelsquare View Post
Oh also did anyone find out how the layouts of the apartments will be? I did some research online and I got nothing. To be honest alot of the images I found and info I found are kind of out dated..
To be honest thats why I started this thread. Because I too have not been able to find anything on this development which I find odd because its not too far from being completed. Theres no rendering of any sort at all..of at least what they project the development to look like ! I find this especially odd considering its a Related development..they're not a newbie company here. I even signed up for more information on their website and still haven't received anything

Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM

Ok well atleast I'm not the only one who is scratching their heads lol ! Thanks 4 responding JKid84NYC I needed to hear that I guess I'm excited about this place but I wanted to bring up this other point that has been on my mine about the application...when you apply it says that 50% is given to the community board..why is that? The community board always gets that percentage of perference not even including city workers, disability etc. I think its alittle unfair to the new york city residents. There is 163 apartments which is mostly made up studio and 1 bedroom apartments...now think about the few 2 bedrooms that are available and take off more than half that amount for the perferences..does it really seem fair?? Can we honestly say that this IS a lottery when they are LOOKING for these applications? I don't know.. I respect the disability one because that is understandable but I don't really understand the rest .

Old 10-07-2010, 12:44 PM

45 posts, read 161,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadburychocster View Post
Thank you WALKJOJ for the link and the info. I'm so excited waiting to hear ANYTHING! I search daily for floor plans and any other info and don't get much of anything! Lemme know if you get any word! Best of luck to you.
Haha no problemo, just re posted what someone else posted now that we are in October im super crazy excited and will def. Let everyone know if I get an application back, or do they call? Anyone know?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelsquare View Post
Ok well atleast I'm not the only one who is scratching their heads lol ! Thanks 4 responding JKid84NYC I needed to hear that I guess I'm excited about this place but I wanted to bring up this other point that has been on my mine about the application...when you apply it says that 50% is given to the community board..why is that? The community board always gets that percentage of perference not even including city workers, disability etc. I think its alittle unfair to the new york city residents. There is 163 apartments which is mostly made up studio and 1 bedroom apartments...now think about the few 2 bedrooms that are available and take off more than half that amount for the perferences..does it really seem fair?? Can we honestly say that this IS a lottery when they are LOOKING for these applications? I don't know.. I respect the disability one because that is understandable but I don't really understand the rest .
Honestly..I wouldn't concern myself too much with the "percentage preference". A friend of mine won the lottery for the River Place II development and she was living in the BRONX !! Not even close to any community board around here. Then she also heard back from a development in brooklyn..and 2 other developments in Manhattan.

They say that on every application in regard to the preference..but I would just put in my application and hope for the best. Thats all anybody can really do..whether your within that particular community board or not

Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Honestly..I wouldn't concern myself too much with the "percentage preference". A friend of mine won the lottery for the River Place II development and she was living in the BRONX !! Not even close to any community board around here. Then she also heard back from a development in brooklyn..and 2 other developments in Manhattan.

They say that on every application in regard to the preference..but I would just put in my application and hope for the best. Thats all anybody can really do..whether your within that particular community board or not

Your right I guess I'm just alittle nervous , but I think that if we were to get excepted I think they would send a letter. If any info comes up about the layouts please keep me updated!!

Old 10-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Hey everyone just checking to see if anyone got any kind of new info for these apartments? I am soo excited!!

Old 10-10-2010, 11:49 AM

7 posts, read 15,229 times
Hey, I'm new here and looking for some help, I was hoping someone could provide me with a copy of the application for this building. I understand the deadline has passed, but i'm going to try. thanks in advance, PM me. thanks in advance.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Honestly unfortunately I doubt you'll be able to get one. If it was a situation where they had their application online it would be different...then you could just google it. But they didnt have that online option. It had to be mailed to you..so you would have to try to ask Related directly if they could send you one. Never hurts to try...but dont get your hopes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City