Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 01:03 AM

3 posts, read 3,982 times

Advertisements

Was walking back from a bar with my gf early this morning on Driggs between Newell and Diamond street and noticed something going down near the big church, some guy was laying in the street with a guy over him yelling...police came flying in as we walked up.

No idea what was going on but several cars came seconds after that and we detoured to Nassau so we wouldn't have to see what happened.

Just wondering if anyone had an idea what went down there or happened to notice it also...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 AM

50 posts, read 245,219 times
Yea I know the spot you're talking about, I come there often, but I don't know what went down there tonight though cause I wasn't there.

My guess is probably some two wasted Polish men were fighting over vodka. :-)

Why did you and your girl leave the spot though? Why didnt you stay to see what happened. Was it scary to watch like the men were bleeding or something?

Theres a restaurant right on Newell when you turn from Driggs so they may have been restaurants crowd. Its friday night so no shock.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:47 AM

3 posts, read 3,982 times
Nah, I am used to random crap going down, just seemed a bit more weird than normal. I didn't hang around just because I don't feel the need to be vicarious like that. Kinda like the time I was on the 7 train and we ran over someone then they let us off and everyone was looking under the cars...I just kind of find that a bit disturbing that humans seek that out, has nothing to do with a fear of gore. Not to mention being with my gf I didn't want her to be endangered or anything, it had just obviously happened as the first police car arrived when we stumbled upon it, cop went running down the street too.

Probably was nothing major though, though it could have been.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM

50 posts, read 245,219 times
Well ok I respect your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City