Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:43 AM

412 posts, read 1,326,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
That is a sad story. Tell you the truth if you have no job, no friends, no family and physically healthy I think your best option would be to join the military. They will feed you, give you a shelter and help train you for a profession. Your not that old and still have a chance at a good life. By the way just because you join the military doesnt mean you will see combat. The advise I am giving you is what I would do in your situation. Good luck and g_d bless.
This is the best answer in this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,976 times
There's a pretty good blog online that brutally describes "life" in a NYC shelter. I think you should read it before ever deciding to come to NYC without a job and a place to live. And if you're about to become homeless this is a best thing to read and know before you head to the shelter system. It's at NYC8539266.wordpress.com You can find the same person on Twitter too.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,865 times
Default hello want to ask u something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
You already live in NYC, or you live somewhere else and you are looking to move here?
umm i need your help please im from arkansas very very small town and i dont like living be here i grew up here all my life too much drama here and my people town are sooo gossip i hate it and im also im depression for long long time and plus i love living new york city and never been there and it there i can stay shelter until they can help me find my cheap apartment but i dont work just draw disbility check anyway i was hope u can help me i dont know anything about new york and i do have text messager im hard of hearing impair i do read the lips very well i hear some so my name is lisa thanks hope u will read it soon

Old 06-26-2013, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,865 times
Default by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILIGHTBELL View Post
umm i need your help please im from arkansas very very small town and i dont like living be here i grew up here all my life too much drama here and my people town are sooo gossip i hate it and im also im depression for long long time and plus i love living new york city and never been there and it there i can stay shelter until they can help me find my cheap apartment but i dont work just draw disbility check anyway i was hope u can help me i dont know anything about new york and i do have text messager im hard of hearing impair i do read the lips very well i hear some so my name is lisa thanks hope u will read it soon
plus i would like to have roomate only female lol

Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,329 times
Good day. I am a 26 year old young guy from Transylvania. More and more of our small city are homeless. I want to help them if not flat but also the daily food and clothing. I'm waiting for your donations at [email]csuri18@yahoo.com[/email] paypal address.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 AM

269 posts, read 287,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivonDstreet View Post
There's a pretty good blog online that brutally describes "life" in a NYC shelter. I think you should read it before ever deciding to come to NYC without a job and a place to live. And if you're about to become homeless this is a best thing to read and know before you head to the shelter system. It's at NYC8539266.wordpress.com You can find the same person on Twitter too.
I'd like to read this blog but it's marked as private.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,470 times
I am looking to move back to NYC. A lot of people may think I am crazy for leaving behind what I have build for myself here in California. Tho I am eager to move back to NY which means I would have to be homeless and go to a shelter until I find a job. Some people may think I'm insane but I have a end goal in mind. Any thoughts ?

Old 07-29-2016, 07:41 AM

491 posts, read 375,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
You're insane if you move to NYC homeless and penniless(sp). Go to the welfare office in your area, get help there. They are less crowded and you'll probably have a better chance of finding somewhere decent to stay.

You're better being homeless in Hempstead, Yonkers or Newark rather than the South Bronx, Harlem or East New York. Good Luck
really? i see chinese immigrant men come here with near nothing and they do fine. if you want a job, you can get one in nyc in the hospitality services business. there is huge demand for work. become a stripper if need be. you find what you want in nyc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City