U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 AM

4,497 posts, read 9,095,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by username3 View Post
Wow this is a joke of a thread right? NYRicans and NYBlacks are like 1 people in NYC, extremely close, always have been, always will be.
We are so close that we see do not see each other as interracial when we date each other. We are in the same struggle. Etc... I do not see this type of connection in no other city. Just in NYC. And I have been all over the US.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2010, 12:27 AM

6,836 posts, read 14,237,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I second that. We are not interracial.... You must not be from NYC.
i was born here , i am speaking about relationships.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 AM

6,836 posts, read 14,237,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I see but were you raised in NYC? because we do not see each other as interacial when we date each other.
im still here in nyc lol. never left. i know puerto ricans arent interacial compared to blacks i just want to know if its higher then relationships to dominicans.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:09 PM

876 posts, read 2,056,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Germans also brought down Rome which ushered in 1000 years of darkness.
Actually what brought down rome was their over spending and lazy ways. Which kinda sounds familar.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:12 PM

1,147 posts, read 3,111,554 times
I'm black and I grew up in a Puerto Rican nabe in the Bronx. For the most part, since blacks and ricans been in the same hoods for so long, we just learned how to live together and make the best of it.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you sound like a stormfront poster now stop it
I didnt see you make any comments about that missguided self hating protester saying he hates himself because he is white. I didnt say anything negative about anyone. If a white person shows pride in his race he is a racist but it is ok for other races to show pride. To me that is a sick double standard.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is an ignorant statment white people built this world. I think every race through out globe help contribute the advancement of humanity. Don't forget some whitemen destroyed civilizations and rebuilt civilzation in their styling.
You are right other races did add to this civilization. Didnt mean to imply otherwise.

963 posts, read 2,172,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
I'm black and I grew up in a Puerto Rican nabe in the Bronx. For the most part, since blacks and ricans been in the same hoods for so long, we just learned how to live together and make the best of it.
And that frankly, is all there is to it. They (and we) are all just people, families, neighbors, who come to know each other and learn to get along. We are not groups that form alliances to exploit or gain advantages over others as the original poster suggests . . . we're just normal people with the sense to see good in others..

1,047 posts, read 1,592,039 times
ok, greatness, first off the irish and the italians did not have it worse than everybody else. also, a good set of italians were racist themselves. And dont compare irish and italian struggles to blacks.Why did u even bring them up? They have nothing to with this.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM

5,726 posts, read 19,050,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
since we are speaking about blacks and ricans.

can anyone tell me which interracial dating is more seen...ricans and blacks or ricans and dominicans?
Ricans & Dominicans definitely.

I know alot of Boricuas and a good amount of them prefer Dominican men. They tell me because Dominicans hold on to their latin culture much more than PR males in NYC...many of whom do not speak spanish or listen/dance to hispanic music. Dominicans and Ricans look the same. If a Dominican wanted to go to the PR parade, he would fit right in...and vice-versa with PR to DR parade. So alot of rican women who are very in touch with their heritage see Dominican men as replacements for their own men.

In Puerto Rico it's not like this.

As to me...I've dated much more Puerto Ricans than Dominicans. This is so because Boricuas show me more love than my own race..who are stuck up for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City