Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolchris4000b View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why would you recomend Van Nest, Morris Park, Parkchester, Arthur Ave, Allerton and Pelham Pkwy to a person whos not even from NY and doesn't want to live in a BAD area? Those are pretty rough areas even for a hardened New Yorker. I recomend you do NOT look into ANY of those areas, that I just said.
Quote:
Never said they were bad, I wouldnt recomend them is all, theyre all overpriced for what they are and for somebody who is from out of town its definitely not worth it....
Hello?

Coolchris Post #1: would not recommend those areas to someone who doesnt want to live in a BAD area; those are pretty rough areas
Coolchris Post #2: I never said those areas are bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 04:54 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why would you recomend Van Nest, Morris Park, Parkchester, Arthur Ave, Allerton and Pelham Pkwy to a person whos not even from NY and doesn't want to live in a BAD area? Those are pretty rough areas even for a hardened New Yorker. I recomend you do NOT look into ANY of those areas, that I just said.
Cooolchris,your credibility is now down to zero.Just 1 month ago you started a thread inquiring about moving to Pelham Parkway yourself.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...st-pelham.html

It is obvious in that thread(and others) that as of then(7/26) you had never been there and knew nothing about the area. Now you are an expert on The Bronx and know what's ok and what's not ?
Frankly,I don't think you have been to Pelham Parkway or Morris Park yet. I don't think you have been to a lot of neighborhoods you blab about.I know for sure by your posts that you know nothing about Pelham Parkway.

If I had the time to waste I could document all the other inconsistencies and misinformation in most of your other posts as well but obviously, from some of the above comments ,others are on to you already.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:11 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnatigirl2010 View Post
Hello.

Im planning to move to NY next year 2011 after im done with bootcamp. I always wanted to move to NY and im going to make it happen. I already live in the ghettos of Cincinnati, which are HORRIBLE, and i don want to move in the ghettos of NY. Im looking for NICE and QUIET places of Queens, Brooklyn or Bronx -- Manhatten is too much. Im also bisexual with no childern, atheltic, a people's person, hyper and love clubbing. If i can get some honest responses from people of NY or in general, it would help my search alot better! Thanks.

Mimi.
Even the worst areas of NYC are a piece of cake compared to the bad neighborhoods of Cincinnati.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM

75 posts, read 563,053 times
Quote:
Lmao. You're funny.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 PM

576 posts, read 1,596,862 times
Quote:

Since when are they bad? Might not be a paradise but most of the other places listed are no better/worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City