Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

people need to stop reading and do their own research because their are some non colored areas in nyc that have a high increase of crime and murder this year yet theirs no uproar.

but canarsie a area known to be violent in the summer because of outsiders is getting a uproar about something that happens every summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM

423 posts, read 1,280,617 times
You are completely right jordandubreil, Canarsie has problems in the summer because of all the freakin parties. I was never out there but most of my black friends from Bed Stuy, East Flatbush, Brownsville, would always talk about the Canarsie parties and one of my friends in particular would always mention if he got into a fight or if anyone got stabbed.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 AM

281 posts, read 1,237,321 times
Problems because of the parties?? Caused by outsiders?? I am sure there are many parties in other areas of Brooklyn such as Bay Ridge,Bensonhurst,Sheepshead Bay,Gerritsen Beach,Bergen Beach,Georgetown,Marine Park and Mill Basin.I am sure many of these parties have music or even a DJ and alcoholic beverages,maybe even a few blunts passing around.I am also sure people not from these particular neighborhoods (outsiders as you call them) attend these parties.But I don't read about them becoming gunfights and knifing bloodbaths.Please don't insult our intelligence Jordandubreil and Andez...it's the neighborhood and it's occupants with maybe a bit of outsider thrown in.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
idk if this post is racist but i wont accuse it of being racist.

but idk what jews have to do with anything.

the strong majority of west indians who live in canarsie are hardworkers and have earned the right to own their homes, especially since people love talking about blacks who fail to own their areas.

well these hard working non welfare receiving west indians worked hard open businesses and own their homes.

so unless your post is just racist i do not see your point of the jews at all.

so explain please.
The putting pennies around my house was a joke. I didnt mean to offend anyone. But the truth is that I do miss the jewish presense that used to be in my area. It was quiet and calm when they were here. West indians are too noisy and bring more crime to an area then jews do.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
Problems because of the parties?? Caused by outsiders?? I am sure there are many parties in other areas of Brooklyn such as Bay Ridge,Bensonhurst,Sheepshead Bay,Gerritsen Beach,Bergen Beach,Georgetown,Marine Park and Mill Basin.I am sure many of these parties have music or even a DJ and alcoholic beverages,maybe even a few blunts passing around.I am also sure people not from these particular neighborhoods (outsiders as you call them) attend these parties.But I don't read about them becoming gunfights and knifing bloodbaths.Please don't insult our intelligence Jordandubreil and Andez...it's the neighborhood and it's occupants with maybe a bit of outsider thrown in.
what are you talking about?? first of all all the areas you named dont even have close to as much parties as canarsie.

so no you are the one questioning me and andez intelligence

canarsie is right next door to dangerous neighbors...east new york and brownsville. now please tell me what dangerous neighbors do bay ridge , mill basin , and gerritsen beach have????

canarsie is one of the loudest spots in brooklyn in the summer. multiple parties every night and block parties and its a hot spot for outsiders from other neighborhoods especially bad areas such as bed stuy , brownsville and east new york especially.

my friends from east new york can walk 5 minutes to go to a party in canarsie.

so you need to get a reality check and actually know some of these areas before you start comparing neighborhoods that dont even come close

Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
great so now its the neighborhood huh? if so then please exaplin why canarsie barely has crime from january to june???? im waiting for this response.

if its really the neighbors i want to know why crime in canarsie isnt a everyday thing like it is in Brownsville , east new york or bed stuy.

i can tell you probably do not know much.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
The putting pennies around my house was a joke. I didnt mean to offend anyone. But the truth is that I do miss the jewish presense that used to be in my area. It was quiet and calm when they were here. West indians are too noisy and bring more crime to an area then jews do.
so go move to where the jews are then

and sorry my parents aren't criminals, i guess its shocking to you since im west indian huh

Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM

281 posts, read 1,237,321 times
Quote:
great so now its the neighborhood huh? if so then please exaplin why canarsie barely has crime from january to june???? im waiting for this response.

if its really the neighbors i want to know why crime in canarsie isnt a everyday thing like it is in Brownsville , east new york or bed stuy.

i can tell you probably do not know much.
It would be pointless for me to argue against someone who would not only write,but probably believes their statement about their being "barely any crime" in Canarsie from January to June.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:51 PM

916 posts, read 2,245,914 times
Quote:
what are you talking about?? first of all all the areas you named dont even have close to as much parties as canarsie.

so no you are the one questioning me and andez intelligence

canarsie is right next door to dangerous neighbors...east new york and brownsville. now please tell me what dangerous neighbors do bay ridge , mill basin , and gerritsen beach have????

canarsie is one of the loudest spots in brooklyn in the summer. multiple parties every night and block parties and its a hot spot for outsiders from other neighborhoods especially bad areas such as bed stuy , brownsville and east new york especially.

my friends from east new york can walk 5 minutes to go to a party in canarsie.

so you need to get a reality check and actually know some of these areas before you start comparing neighborhoods that dont even come close
I don't think Canarsie is a bad neighborhood, but I'm wondering why the people living there keep throwing these block parties during the summer,
when they knew there is a very good chance these parties would ended up attracting all the trouble makers into their neighborhood?

No block parties, less fighting, less dead people, less noise, better quality of life for everyone in the neighborhood.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:37 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
so go move to where the jews are then

and sorry my parents aren't criminals, i guess its shocking to you since im west indian huh
I never said west indians are criminals but there are more west indians in prision then jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City