Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM

527 posts, read 1,019,989 times

Advertisements

My name is Jacki (I am not a man, Just an italian girl from queens) I respect everyones opinion and everyone has a right as an American to express their opinion- My opinion is based on speaking to many muslims that I have worked with over the years and from speaking to them and hearing facts on their religion I found in my opinion that the Muslim religion is NOT a peaceful one. They Honestly believe that the whole world should follow their religion that is their mission to have everyone follow their Alla and if they should suffer the consequences if they do not. When it comes to Jiad (holy war) the more blood they shed for Alla in this life just makes their afterlife that much better- You may believe there are only a handful of muslims (extremist) that feel like this- But I believe differently as I have the right to- I had these conversations with the muslims that I worked with well before 9/11 ever happened, had these convo's in the late 80's -90's - You see they are in no hurry, In my opinion this has been brewing and within another 20 yrs when our streets are not ours (I hope to god I am wrong on this one) We are all gonna be like what the hell happened? how did we let this get to this?

Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well you should be able to answer this question quite simply then nightcrawler:

If you went to buy a house, and your immediate neighbors welcomed you with open arms, and the seller was ready to sell you the house, but then a group of residents who did not live in your neighborhood did not want you to buy that house because you were black; a black person killed someone in another house 2 blocks away 10 years ago. Now remember, because this black person killed someone, this is considered a "highly sensitive area" by people who DO NOT live in the neighborhood (those who live in the neighborhood welcome you remember).

Therefore if you are black you do not belong here, according to these other people. You were then accused of being insensitive/murderer/savage because you were black and wanted to buy this home......unless you bought a house where they said was ok...even though this was your perfect house, in your price range. What would be your reaction?
OK bro, it stops here, I just can't with you anymore.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
3/4's of Americans feel the same as I do, Maybe Miss Mighty should go to Islamabad and see how many rights you will have there. stop the insanity already would ya.
I don't really care that much about what they do in Islamabad. I care about what happens in my own country.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
I am so happy that others are against this Mosque as I am in this forum I think it is a disgrace everyone is trying to be so "politically correct" - I got ripped to shreds on this sight a couple of weeks ago questioning about Sharia law, I was called a troll and many other nasty comments were thrown my way-
Some of us are not concerned about trying to be politically correct, and dismissing our views as such is insulting.

Some of us know what it's like up front and personally to experience what runaway hatred does and hope that maybe communication and taking people as individuals might make something different.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 PM

172 posts, read 448,152 times
well when 343 of your colleagues are murderd by this so called religion of peace, then maybe we can talk.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't really care that much about what they do in Islamabad. I care about what happens in my own country.
well you should start caring, as crazy as it sounds the muslim world is trying to influence the WHOLE WORLD.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junsai View Post
I'll give you another very simple example. Can you blame a woman who has been assaulted by a man in the elevator to be unconformable with all men who end up in the elevator alone with her? It doesn't mean that all men are rapists and criminals, but she still has very strong associations which she might be struggling with. Can you understand that sentiment, or will you say that she is an inconsiderate sexist who brings all women to shame, and that she should get over it and be open minded? It's not a question of what should be done based on moral and ethical theory, it's a question of should it be done in respect to consideration and sentimentality.

She should see the logic behind what happened and yes, get over it. Not all men are evil so stop acting like they are. If you're a female that's going to get raped at some point, it's more likely to be by a guy, that's just logical. So you can't go around thinking all men are evil or feeling uncomfortable and shunning men for the rest of your life because 1 person messed you up.

9/11 didn't happen by the normal people it happened by the extremist. People should be able to realize that these people aren't extremeist and learn to put their feelings aside for 9/11 and see the blatant facts.

Yes a community center that will have a mini mosque will be built there 9/11, yes members of their religion, albeit extremist did kill thousands; however, these people aren't extremest and wont kill your loved ones and didn't wish for your loved ones to be killed and are ashamed that your loved ones were killed and LOST LOVED ONES THEMSELVES DURING THE TRAGEDY. These people lost people too and I think people seem to have forgotten or rather ignore this fact.

Also this real American crap is just that, crap. Real Americans are a mixture of people of many different backgrounds who all coexist and try to get along eachother, despite their differences they choose to unite and live, like, even love each other. There should be a sense of unity with Americans despite their difference. Everyone is a real American, there is no such thing as a fake one; however, I will say those that claim others are fake and others are "real" are indeed stupid Americans, we have many of those.
the REAL AMERICAN I was referring to is not the frauds that come here just for a pay check and are not open to embracing our WESTERN ways.

just seeing how smug they are acting by not even entertaining the idea of moving it a couple of blocks is the alarming part!

Old 09-10-2010, 05:18 PM

well, then it's amazing how dumb this Imam could be. Really, really he thought it was not going to offend any of the victims or their families, NOT BUYING IT!!!!

And let's open it on 9/11, no problem.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:41 PM

I see how their religion works, it seems like it's their way or no way.

just so you know, tomorrow I will be going to mass near the firehouse to celebrate the lives of the 6 members lost from my house, lost for "THE RELIGION OF PEACE"

Old 09-10-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
well when 343 of your colleagues are murderd by this so called religion of peace, then maybe we can talk.
84 of my colleagues were killed by terrorists at the WTC. Does the one with the most dead friends win?

I mourn everyone who died there that day. At some point every day since then 8:46 a.m. on 9/11/01 replays itself in my head. I vowed that I would continue to look at people and get to know people as individuals, and that I would not live in fear. No, obviously you are in another place and we cannot talk, but you have no right to airily dismiss my perspective, either.

We should not automatically assume that a Muslim is a terrorist. iF you live in the area, then you know as well as I do that terrorists already live amongst us. There will be further attempts. Distinguishing who those terrorists are is not easy, and people much smarter than you or I work on that 24/7. Maybe it's easier to think you can catch them by attacking an entire group and assigning the same characteristics to everyone in that group, but that is wrong.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-10-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City