Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times

Advertisements

I have to say I agree. I live in Queens and there really aren't any quick and easy ways to get to SI. And if you're coming from JFK with Luggage - definitely go for the Taxi. Enjoy your visit here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 PM

31 posts, read 124,650 times
Thank you all for your replies...I am still considering public transportation...even if it will take me 2 hours to get to SI...I just wanna save money and hopefully it wont be too scary haha... Definitely will be good experience using subway (which I have never done)

Old 10-08-2010, 01:39 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratu View Post
Thank you all for your replies...I am still considering public transportation...even if it will take me 2 hours to get to SI...I just wanna save money and hopefully it wont be too scary haha... Definitely will be good experience using subway (which I have never done)
I would think more like 3. Just pay for cab.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:59 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I would think more like 3. Just pay for cab.
I agree! Especially now with all the Subway Service Cuts we've been having. Then the SI Ferry might be about an hour between ferries at that time of night. I'm all for saving money but please be careful.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Just suck it up and pay for a yellow cab. Getting on and off the subway with luggage is a bastard even if you know what you're doing (and of course, you don't)

Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM

3 posts, read 9,969 times
Staten Island is an ISLAND. Most people from Staten Island, use Newark Airport which is only 20 minutes away. Best mode of transportation from Kennedy Airport is cab. Call a Staten Island cab company which is probably your best bet. Arrange for them to pick you up.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:10 AM

31 posts, read 124,650 times
Hey, thank you for all who replied I am back from NYC- Thats what I did I took the NYAS bus from the JFK airport to Grand Central ($15) then took Subway to South Ferry ($2,25) and took South ferry to St.George, SI ($0) then took the cab from the Ferry station to my address ($23) TOTAL= $40, 25 better than the cab from the JFK which would have been around $100.
Everything was completely safe and I felt like NYC is the safest place ever.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Everything was completely safe and I felt like NYC is the safest place ever.
Well, that's certainly not true. But it's good that you enjoyed your visit.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:07 AM

2 posts, read 4,404 times
Angry reply to replier

Why not stay on Staten lsland? Maybe there was the cheapest accommodation she could find? l'm flying in 12 days from now, & l too will be staying on Staten lsland. So what? She asked a legitimate question, so why not just answer, instead of making smart remarks?

Old 07-13-2013, 01:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,404 times
Smile reply to kratu

Quote:
Hello, I am European girl visiting NYC for the first time.
I will be arriving around 8.30 pm at JFK's airport and I'm staying in Great Kills in Staten Island. What are the cheapest but also the safest (considering the time I will be arriving) ways to get there? I am just little concerned about safety - I am young and travelling alone.
(I apologize for my bad English..It's not my first language)
l hope you had a good time. New York is a fascinating city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City