Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 03:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,942,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Are there any buses that go directly from Astoria, Queens to the South Bronx? I need to get to 149th Street & 3rd Avenue and want to avoid traveling into Manhattan.

Thanks.
I just came back from a night club in astoria and I live in the South BRonx. The fastest and easiest way to get from Astoria to the south Bronx is the m60 bust from Astoria boulevard. The next stop after Astoria boulevard is 125 street and 2nd avenue and from they are a couple of options. One option is the transfer to the Bx15 which will take you across the Willis avenue bridge and boom your in the Bronx, two transfer to the 4,5,6 or metro north at 125 and lex if you wanna hit the rails, three walk across the Willis avenue bridge. All three options will get you to 149th street but these options very by traffic congestion patterns. During Rush hours your best bet is the N and Q train from Astoria to 59th and Lexington but of peak hours and late nights I would suggest the M60 to harlem and catch the BX15. Sometimes its difficult to pick a route, this is what goes through my head living in the most geographically strategic niegborhood in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,750,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I visualized and heard someone with a strong New York accent saying that. I remember the old stereotype in movies where there would be a New Yorker with a strong New York accent saying a stream of subway directions as the person listening looked confused as hell. LOL

Good stuff, haha.

LOL! I can't believe someone caught that. I wrote that post in that particular style just for that reason. To make me sound like a true New Yorker. I was born and live my first 14 years of life in Brooklyn but according to another thread since I'm no longer a New York City resident and have resided on Long Island for the other 31 years, I'm not a real New Yorker. I can be as Noo Yawk as they come.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:46 AM

43,295 posts, read 44,015,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The Q44 bus goes from Flushing to the Southern entrance to The Bronx Zoo@ 180th Street in The BX.It goes over the Whitestone Bridge and also stops in Parkchester before it goes to 180th St.
The route actually starts at Jamaica LIRR station and goes to Main Street,Flushing before getting on the Whitestone.It only takes about 25 or 30 minutes from Flushing to 180th Street.You could then transfer to another bus to 149th st.
It's a great bus route that nobody uses.I have used it to go to Kennedy Airport from the BX because you can get on the Airtrain at Jamaica.Much faster than going through Manhattan.
I have used the Q44 bus a couple times to go to/from the Bronx Zoo and then connected to/from another bus or train in Queens. It is definitely a convenient option not having to go via Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City