Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,560 times

Advertisements

I'm going to have some photo shoots some time this month. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the photo shoots? I'm looking for two types of locations. And the locations must be free and have no need for a permit.
1) something that portrays a city life, the life lived my the lowest class. for those who fight to live.- so im thinking grimy, not clean cut side of new york.
2)A church (i dont expect a church to allow me to shoot for free if at all, but a public place that simulates a church background would be appreciated) a safe haven, a place with beautiful statues.
3) im curious but i need a photo shoot with the people i have dressed up as students. i would love to shoot in the inside of a school. does that cost money? how to i go about doing that? is it even allowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 04:21 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
I believe if you want to shoot outside at all you need a permit. You can always do it but you would risk a fine.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:15 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavru Ravit View Post
I'm going to have some photo shoots some time this month. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the photo shoots? I'm looking for two types of locations. And the locations must be free and have no need for a permit.

1) something that portrays a city life, the life lived my the lowest class. for those who fight to live.- so im thinking grimy, not clean cut side of new york. You can go to some of the "bad" areas of the Bronx, Brooklyn, upper Manhattan, or even Queens. If you're just taking shots outside of buildings, people walking or whatever, you don't need a permit. I would be careful, though, and have a few people with me. I don't think I would venture alone into very bad areas with a nice camera and start taking photos. You don't need a permit to take photos.

2)A church (i dont expect a church to allow me to shoot for free if at all, but a public place that simulates a church background would be appreciated) a safe haven, a place with beautiful statues. You can shoot the outside of churches and don't have to pay or get a permit (tourists do this all the time) If you're looking for statues, you can probably hit the Met Museum of Art. They have a ton of statues and you can take photos (no flash, though)

3) im curious but i need a photo shoot with the people i have dressed up as students. i would love to shoot in the inside of a school. does that cost money? how to i go about doing that? is it even allowed? If you're going to shoot at a school, you would have to have permission from the Board of Ed and the school itself, as well as releases signed by each and every parent of the students in the class you're shooting in. You might be better off to rent a school-like place and get some kid actors or models and have them do the shoot in exchange for prints of the photos.
Good luck to you!

Old 11-05-2018, 12:16 AM

1 posts, read 486 times
I don't think you can find venues that will allow you to shoot for free. But there are many venues around New York that can be rented with hourly rate. One place to check out is eventspacesny.com. They have gorgeous venues ideal for photoshoot and also they don't have booking fee.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:12 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzaneslater View Post
I don't think you can find venues that will allow you to shoot for free. But there are many venues around New York that can be rented with hourly rate. One place to check out is eventspacesny.com. They have gorgeous venues ideal for photoshoot and also they don't have booking fee.
You looked up a thread that was 8yrs old to post a website LMAO.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:15 PM

106,658 posts, read 108,810,853 times
And coincidentally their first post

Old 11-06-2018, 07:09 AM

3,731 posts, read 3,467,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
You looked up a thread that was 8yrs old to post a website LMAO.
because its spam

Old 11-06-2018, 02:08 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
7th time to ban suzzaneslater!
Bye Bye SUZZZZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City