Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2007, 01:13 PM

150 posts, read 687,997 times

Advertisements

Hello, I just had some questions about how finance jobs are in NYC. I know NYC is the the Finance capital of the world, but i wanna know how hard is it actually to get a good job there. I was born and raised in Houston, and currently im in the middle of completing my bachelors in finance from University of Houston (which has a very nice business school). I plan on doing my MBA right after i get my Bachelors but i will also work during my MBA. Does anyone have any information how well the job situation is in NYC. I plan on going into Investment Banking. Thank you for reading this, i would greatly appreciate any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 05:13 PM

150 posts, read 687,997 times
C'mon nobody can help me out?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,191,684 times
It is very competitive here in that field. And you sort of have to pay your dues unless you have a lot of connections. If you stay in NYC be prepared to work a lot of hours for a few years and have pretty much no social life. An MBA is pretty much a prerequisite for the finance field (in NYC at least)these days, it doesn't really mean you'll have a great job right away. It's worth a try here, and the experience will be good no matter what, but overall your degree would be worth a lot more in a smaller city.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:25 PM

2 posts, read 13,149 times
Usually, business grad. schools won't take you until after a few years experience. Most finance jobs hire college grads in the fall of their senior year for a 2yr analyst program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City