Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 03:48 PM

20 posts, read 50,824 times

Advertisements

I remember seeing that move "Cruel Intentions." That family had a big home. And it had Central Park across the street, not near, but across. It was very big, like a mansion, and had nice decorations on the outside. The kind you see in homes that was made for billionaires 100 years ago.

How much would a home like that cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 03:52 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,769,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccaros View Post
I remember seeing that move "Cruel Intentions." That family had a big home. And it had Central Park across the street, not near, but across. It was very big, like a mansion, and had nice decorations on the outside. The kind you see in homes that was made for billionaires 100 years ago.

Only a crazy guess, starting price 12 million then up.

I know everyone in this forum is thin and gorgeous but I doubt if many if any at all is in the financial situation to purchase that type of real estate.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Only a crazy guess, starting price 12 million then up.
That couldn't be right? I've checked up on a 5 bedroom apartment by central park and it was 55 million. I'm talking about a Mansion sized, (around 10 rooms), which is more since that house had a living room the size of a 3 bedroom apartment.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:01 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,769,389 times
Quote:
That couldn't be right? I've checked up on a 5 bedroom apartment by central park and it was 55 million. I'm talking about a Mansion sized, (around 10 rooms), which is more since that house had a living room the size of a 3 bedroom apartment.

I told you it was crazy guess and boy was I way off.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I told you it was crazy guess and boy was I way off.
This is what I was talking about.

http://newyork.condo.com/Condo-For-S...edroom_2952636

This is how much an apartment there costs.

$55,000,000

Now the house I'm talking about is by that same place. It's just that it's a mansion.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:12 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,453 times
$12M could be right. Depends on how big you mean by mansion. Ten rooms is probably not going to run above $15M. However, there are some huge mansions along 5th Ave that would run a lot more, up to the $50M range.

A $55M 3BR is highly unusual, even for that area, and there must be more to that story.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
$12M could be right. Depends on how big you mean by mansion. Ten rooms is probably not going to run above $15M. However, there are some huge mansions along 5th Ave that would run a lot more, up to the $50M range.

A $55M 3BR is highly unusual, even for that area, and there must be more to that story.
Maybe it's a special spot where CEO's of banks buy their apartments?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:44 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
I actually know that building. Long story, but we did a demographic study on that area. I am assuming thats some type of duplex penthouse. Probably a few stories. Thats why it's more expensive. That area has a lot of old money.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:53 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,731 times
Quote:

I just did a search of all townhouses on the Upper East and West sides using Find New York City Apartments For Sale & Manhattan Real Estate To Own At StreetEasy

There are 107 townhouses listed. The highest priced listing is $72 million, the lowest is $2.5 million, and the median price is $9.5 million.

7 out of 10 of the highest priced listings are within 3 blocks of the park. The asking price of the 10th highest priced listing is $29.5 million.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I actually know that building. Long story, but we did a demographic study on that area. I am assuming thats some type of duplex penthouse. Probably a few stories. Thats why it's more expensive. That area has a lot of old money.
The characters where old money. Like people who had grandparents that had a factory 100 years ago or something?

Do you know how much it costs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City