Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:59 PM

52 posts, read 217,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamter View Post
As a retired member who attended many a funeral during the 80's I do not know why you are walking up to a vehicle at 2:30 am with stolen plates? Car off, keys thrown out drivers window, everyone exit, and on the ground period. Back up in place, and maybe no one shot. I was not there that night, but I pray for this cop, and his family.
I THINK, not sure, but I'm pretty sure it was a case of plates not matching the car. If the plates weren't reported stolen, then they would have just a moving violation... which explains the standard both partners out of the car and cautious apporach. We need to see the videos that captured the incident. And there were numerous witness in the street... But all that good Rap-No-Snitchin stuff indoctriantes kids and loser adults equally there in Crown Heights. Really. What does that prove?

That some jergoff can feel empowered by sharing in the evil...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,800,049 times
I was not there so I will not judge.

It could have been worse though. I belive an AK-47 or Mac-10 was also recovered from the car. They could not find the magazine. Could have had two dead cops. RMP's are not equiped with shotguns or M4's. City's excuse, two man cars. Public image before officer safety. Bad enough the perps were carrying .45's.

Last edited by Hustla718; 07-09-2007 at 11:40 PM..

Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,501,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Found out the carjacking started across the street from Prospect Park. South part of the park, not sure on what street. I guess you would call that area East Flatbush? It eventually ended in Crown Heights BK.

There was also another shooting that left two cops shot in Brooklyn. Hey look a that... CROWN HEIGHTS AGAIN. Haha!

Police shooting #5 in NYC for the week. North Shore SI, Morris Heights BX, Bed-stuy BK, Crown Heights BK, and then Crown Heights BK again.

Short crime fluke? I wasn't aware of this. Less crime, yes. Still a lot of crime in the city of NY. NYPD also isn't exactly killing unarmed Black men. They are killing themselves pointing guns at the damn police.
Well, yeah, there's still a lot of crime. But that Sean Bell case pisses me off. From what I've heard, the cop that shot him claimed that he heard a guy in the vehicle say "Let's **** 'em up. Yo get my gun." You don't fire until the gun is in his hand and there was no gun found in the vehicle. Homicides in Brooklyn North have gone up 64% over the past 2 years. It pisses me off. The officer that got shot in the nose and mouth was only 23 years old making only $25,000 per year and he'll either die or he'll be paralyzed from the neck down. And along with that, his face will be ****ed up. His whole life is basically over because of a couple of idiots.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrg View Post
Wow did you major in mathematics?

Obviously NYC has high crime areas The POINT IS that NYC has significantly LESS high crime areas then most other cities.

And lets look at Philly - since you like to paint with broad brushes and you say both Philly and the Bronx are mostly "Ghetto".

Philly - population = 1.4M
Bronx - population = 1.3M

Yet despite the fact that the Bronx is 'poorer' there were 155 homicides in the Bronx in 2006 and there were 406 homicides in Philly.

And the trend continues - YTD (July 1) there have been 57 homicides in the Bronx and 203 homicides in Philly.
No other city in the nation has more high crime areas than NYC. NYC is huge not only in population, but in area.

Phillly's area--136 square miles
NYC's area--322 square miles

Old 07-10-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamter View Post
As a retired member who attended many a funeral during the 80's I do not know why you are walking up to a vehicle at 2:30 am with stolen plates? Car off, keys thrown out drivers window, everyone exit, and on the ground period. Back up in place, and maybe no one shot. I was not there that night, but I pray for this cop, and his family.
Exactly. The show Cops is teaching me well. In 2 years I'll be all set to join.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Yo, Hustla, other Five-O's.....

When are the next PBA elections?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
I was not there so I will not judge.

It could have been worse though. I belive an AK-47 or Mac-10 was also recovered from the car. They could not find the magazine. Could have had two dead cops. RMP's are not equiped with shotguns or M4's. City's excuse, two man cars. Public image before officer safety. Bad enough the perps were carrying .45's.
Christ, an AK-47! Those dudes were serious. Russian Mob relations...?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 PM

13 posts, read 79,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
No other city in the nation has more high crime areas than NYC. NYC is huge not only in population, but in area.

Phillly's area--136 square miles
NYC's area--322 square miles
Huh? - Your argument is backwards - if NYC has roughly 3x the area of Philly and the same (Gross) crime #'s, then that would mean NYC has relatively less high crime areas.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrg View Post
Huh? - Your argument is backwards - if NYC has roughly 3x the area of Philly and the same (Gross) crime #'s, then that would mean NYC has relatively less high crime areas.
I mean since NYC is so large in area, there must be more high crime areas than in other cities. I don't know, it's summer vaction, I can't think straight.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Alright, I think I got it. Because NYC is so large in area, there's more room for higher crime areas. NYC has tons of neighborhoods therefore there will be more high crime neighborhoods. Philly doesn't have the amount of neighborhoods NYC has, so if Philly has 10 neighborhoods and 4 are bad, they have 4 bad neighborhoods. If NYC has 15 neighborhoods and 5 are bad, NYC has 5 bad neighborhoods. NYC's population is so big, that's what makes the crime rate so low. But there's more neighborhoods to watch your back in in NYC than in Philly. Overall Philly is more dangerous, but NYC has more bad areas. I know that makes little sense, but in a way it makes perfect sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City