Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:26 PM

316 posts, read 989,308 times

Advertisements

With a dog that small, can't you just hold it out the window and squeeze gently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
It also might be a good idea to have a place for him to go when you are out and might not get back in time. We leave some newspapers in a back hall for our Snoodle. Sometimes you think you may be back in 3 hours, but get distracted. This way the dog has a place to go if you're not home in time.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:35 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Same with all my dogs (which btw are all 3 16lbs and under). the would go on the deck in the winter.

As to the OP. People gave their opinions. If you don't want to hear them don't post on a message board. If you wanted an animal that went inside to the bathroom you should of gotten a cat.
Exactly!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn2yoo View Post
Oh my gawwwwd. Thank you for the barrage of posts and criticism! I have a tiny maltizu with a tiny bladder that likes to go 3-4 times a day, sometimes more if he wasn't quite in the mood in the am! We take him for a 30min to 1-hr walk daily in addition to taking him out another 2-3 times a day. AND he has trouble going when it is cold and wet outside.

So forgive me if I thought it best that once I go full-time, it'd be best to let him go whenever he wanted. In addition to the nasty weather he has problems going in. I'm sure since you know nothing of my dog's "going" habits nor my relationship wt my dog, u would obviously be the best judge of how fit I am to be a dog owner.

THANKS NEW YORK DOG OWNERS! Appreciate the help!
What people do around here is to hire dog walkers who come during the day and walk the dog who needs additional outings.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry for my sarcastic reply, but I do love my dog to tears...I guess you all were right though. In the end, it was just too hard for all of us to bear, so he's going outside now. My dog really is the awesomest...plz don't judge the love of a dog owner.
Glad to hear things are working out with the dog walking!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:07 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Sorry for my sarcastic reply, but I do love my dog to tears...I guess you all were right though. In the end, it was just too hard for all of us to bear, so he's going outside now. My dog really is the awesomest...plz don't judge the love of a dog owner.
He'll adjust. Dogs are pretty adaptive! Much more so than their owners

You may want to hire a dog walker to come take him out if you're concerned about working late nights. I have one who lives in my building and on days when it looks like I'll work past 7pm (the 11 hour mark for my pup), I give her a call.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 PM

11 posts, read 29,087 times
Wow you live in bizarro world, usually people are trying to get their dogs to NOT go inside...
Seriously, why are you doing this to him poor thing.

Here is a related question, im contemplating a move to NYC next year, where DO YOU walk your dogs? if you are a dog owner, are you forced to live by a park? Do dogs get real dirty walking around the street? I have two chihuahuas that sleep in my bed!!! What about dog walkers, are there safe acknowledged dog sitting services?

Old 11-10-2010, 03:51 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logik View Post
Wow you live in bizarro world, usually people are trying to get their dogs to NOT go inside...

Here is a related question, im contemplating a move to NYC next year, where DO YOU walk your dogs? if you are a dog owner, are you forced to live by a park? Do dogs get real dirty walking around the street? I have two chihuahuas that sleep in my bed!!! What about dog walkers, are there safe acknowledged dog sitting services?
Us dog owners walk our dogs outdoors, lol. No, you don't have to live near a park in NYC if you own a dog. There are dog runs all over and park spaces as well.

"Do dogs get real dirty walking around the street?"
are you stupid or something? this is only a problem
in winter when there is snow or ice, since their paws are
sensitive it can be a problem.

Once my dog stepped on gum on the sidewalk, so she lifted her back left paw and I removed the wad of gum, another time she got an acorn shell stuck on her paw,so
yeah NYC streets/sidewalks aren't as dirty as you think they are.

My dog(lab/beagle) also sleeps in my bed and sometimes when she is sleeping sideways or at angle I am sleeping pinned to the wall

Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logik View Post
Have you ever even been here? Its not like the streets have piles of soot and dirt on them. I find the opposite. Most dogs are clean and well groomed because they usually aren't rolling around in dirt and stuff when they go out. Two of my dogs back in ohio where white and they stayed white for all of about 15 minutes.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 AM

10 posts, read 17,812 times
Oh please. I know plenty of small dogs that go inside. And I was asking a q, not an open invite to criticism from those who don't know crap. But you're right. You have the right to have an opinion regardless of being ignorant (hence fox news and the tea party movement) and I have the right to a reaction.

Isn't this why we love NY and the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City