Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,333,864 times

Advertisements

jacki thats alot of misinfirmation and cherry picking. The reality is illegals would not come here if there weren't work for them. Yes there are a few that come here and do nothing, but that's with everything...always a few bad apples. Don't believe the hype about welfare moms with 10 kids driving in a mercedes and living in a mansion.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 02:27 PM

527 posts, read 1,017,743 times
None of them I see are working for big corporations- I see them waiting to get picked up on corners to do day labor kind of work and such- I do not like the fact that they will get free health care and they are taking away minimum paying jobs that "joe" who is now unemployed cant get. There is No reason they should not come here legally and pay the same taxes that I do, They are called "illegal" for a reason, The best is when they want to talk about their rights- In my eyes until you come here the right way and become a LEGAL citizen of the US and pay your dues just as I do they should have NO rights. They are NOT an American Citizen and if they choose NOT to become one and mooch off of us Yes I believe their butts should be deported to right back wherever they came from.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:39 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,333,864 times
Jacki...oh jacki...there is a difference between the Americans who stand around at the bodega and in front of the apartment building doing nothing all day, and immigrants (illegal and otherwise) who are up at 6:30 am standing outside in the heat/frigid temps/snow/rain with backpacks of equipment/tools begging for any work they can find. Companies come by and pick them up for $60-$100 per day cash, and them dump them off the next day, no benefits, no taxes paid by the employer, nothing..instead of these companies hiring citizens. Companies choose who to hire, illegal immigrants do not..so if there is someone to blame...again ....it is US Companies..small and large.

And to your other point, we all have basic human rights as human beings, not just as citizens, which is what America is all about. I agree that we are a nation of laws, and they should be followed, but you are enforcing them in the wrong place. If you make companies follow the law, the tide of illegal immigration will cease, just that simply. No work for them..so they don't come and the ones that are here go home. The end. Or you can keep blaming the people and ignore everything else and never solve the problem...choice is yours.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,646,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Jacki...oh jacki...there is a difference between the Americans who stand around at the bodega and in front of the apartment building doing nothing all day, and immigrants (illegal and otherwise) who are up at 6:30 am standing outside in the heat/frigid temps/snow/rain with backpacks of equipment/tools begging for any work they can find. Companies come by and pick them up for $60-$100 per day cash, and them dump them off the next day, no benefits, no taxes paid by the employer, nothing..instead of these companies hiring citizens. Companies choose who to hire, illegal immigrants do not..so if there is someone to blame...again ....it is US Companies..small and large.

And to your other point, we all have basic human rights as human beings, not just as citizens, which is what America is all about. I agree that we are a nation of laws, and they should be followed, but you are enforcing them in the wrong place. If you make companies follow the law, the tide of illegal immigration will cease, just that simply. No work for them..so they don't come and the ones that are here go home. The end. Or you can keep blaming the people and ignore everything else and never solve the problem...choice is yours.
They should not be here in the first place. Of course we should fine the companies who hire them. But at the same time they are HERE. If my bag is going to be checked. Their immigration status should be checked. If they are not Americans than they should be deported. Just like if I have something I shouldn't have in my bag. I should be sent to prison.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:22 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,646,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I totally get that we are a nation of laws, and they should be followed. Ultimately the problem I have is this: Illegal immigration into the US has always occurred, and is nothing new. What is new is the fact that US companies are luring them in record numbers, and in some cases busing them in to work in the US.

So instead of cracking down on the vast numbers of employers who are encouraging immigrants to illegally enter the US for promised jobs, employers who are circumventing and ignoring our immigration system, employers who are exploiting these workers for record profits, employers who are not providing them benefits and ultimately making their healthcare and everything else the taxpayers responsibility, employers who are deducting taxes from their check but keeping it for themselves, and employers who are hiring illegals versus citizens to increase profits and destroy the American way of life, people are blaming the immigrants and scapegoating them.

They are not the problem, they are a symptom of the exploitation for corporate profits at the expense of the American way of life. So if you want to have a serious discussion about illegal immigration, one must focus on the cause, not the symptom, of illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration was not a problem until recently. We never had this problem prior to the civil war. The problem is we are inviting them here by not checking their immigration status and saying Americans who are citizens are the problem which is not true.

If they are here illegally we need to check their status like they are randomly searching our bags for illegal substances.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:38 PM

160 posts, read 1,678,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They should not be here in the first place. Of course we should fine the companies who hire them. But at the same time they are HERE. If my bag is going to be checked. Their immigration status should be checked. If they are not Americans than they should be deported. Just like if I have something I shouldn't have in my bag. I should be sent to prison.
no they shouldn't have. But what you propose is racist and,well, tea party-ish.
Quote:
Illegal immigration was not a problem until recently. We never had this problem prior to the civil war. The problem is we are inviting them here by not checking their immigration status and saying Americans who are citizens are the problem which is not true.

If they are here illegally we need to check their status like they are randomly searching our bags for illegal substances.
wow...where to start....
iight, one: immigrantion has always been seen as a problem by nativist (like yourself) they didn't like when the irish came, or the chinese or the italians either. the "problem" has been around since immigrants started coming here...which has been forever. secondly, the bags are not randomly checked. there is rarely a moment of randomness in government. all checkes are made on on biases. just like checking green cards would be made on biases

Old 12-01-2010, 06:58 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,990,262 times
Quote:
Why in NY the NYPD is allowed to check bags but not ask someone for their immigrant papers?

Isn't that a concern as well?
All American NYC !!! ...

"Old father Knickerbocker" (New York) has always been a magnificent city !!!

And yet the "Acutely Moronic" American political status of 2010 has literally and figuratively prevented this nations law enforcement agencies from effectively doing their jobs !

America's "Nightmare at the Southern Border" is ample proof of the excessive "Foolishness" associated with the Wash. D.C. "Political Circus" !

The "Mind Boggling Lesson" America's citizens have learned as of late :

Law Enforcement ..... Don't you dare ask for any legal documentation of citizenship ! We would not want to risk offending anyone , now would we !!!

American Politics These days !!! ARRRRRRGH !

Have A jolly old Evening Now Y'ALL / Old sgt. lamar

Old 12-01-2010, 07:18 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,146,784 times
How come they are called illegal immigrants instead of what they are?

illegal aliens.......

Have a politically correct day!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 PM

33,758 posts, read 46,990,321 times
Quote:

why do you think illegal immigrants come here in the first place? i want to hear your honest opinion.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 PM

581 posts, read 1,241,462 times
wait..did someone used the bad economy as an example to show why illegals shouldnt be here because they are taking away the minimum wage jobs? So what happen when the economy was good and the legals did not want those same minimum wage jobs?

we as human beings have so much hate for each other that its hard for me to comprehend.

And you know whats funny to me...its almost always the mexicans who get the fight and people of color.

This land (earth) belongs to no one in particular. it is for everyone to use.

We cant in the past do so much wrongs to other people, create a system which put other countries in a hole and not expect them to try and survive by any means.

My thing is, once you are not coming to my house, your house, dipping your hands in my bag and stealing my things, you are all right with me. once you are working hard for yours, i dont care what your status is according to the government, you deserve to be where you are.

Just as how the past government go to people's country and steal their resources to benefit themselves, they are responsible to help todays people who didnt get a chance. instead, they were born in poverty and now have to seek ways to make sure they have something to eat tonight.

lets not forget that it comes down to survival. all this back and forth about immigration is all in the name of making sure that they make it. making sure that their kids make it.

we need to channel this energy towards the citizen of this country whose work ethic is to the ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City