Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootonomus;16913552 Yes we should have signed a 2 year lease!
[B
Question: Do they have to give us a certain amount of time notice with an increase in rent? If so how much? What rights do we have in negotiating this?[/b]
Ya,you definitely should have signed a 2 yr lease but they probably wouldn't have offered 2 years after they reduced the rent by 200/mo for you.

I don't thin you have any rights at all other than those that are outlined in your current lease when you are renting a condo from someone.

Seems like they are only bringing the rent back up to what it was in the first place.It's the same $200.000 ,with an actual 1% increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
but for me the increas form $2300 to $2400 or even $2500 didn't seem like a big deal
Your are paying more for a rent there than iam paying for my whole month total in my personal monthly bills total that i have each month and that with car insurance and gas and internet and cell phone along with other bills that i have out here ..

I pay out here in northern Ca area where iam at right now in a socalled gated apt complex in a nice area of town where i live at ..The monthly sum of $.850.oo a month for rent for my studio with washer and dryer that was part of the standard appliances package that was in the place when i rented ..

i found my studio there in Manhattan for around $.1350.oo a month but i was looking hard at some of the areas and told the broker some the basic things that i could do without if i had to in the place and i did not care how small the place was and how many flight of steps i had to go up and down as long as it was under $.1500.oo a month ..

for i told i could live without a door man and other socalled things that some people wanted in the building along with some of the local places haveing some of the basic list of services in the area that i would need to have for basic fuctions of dry cleaning and laundry and shopping for food and internet service and electric for the place ..so i guess i lucked out on the deal on the finding of my place ..

Old 12-07-2010, 04:01 PM

979 posts, read 4,456,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
Your are paying more for a rent there than iam paying for my whole month total in my personal monthly bills total that i have each month and that with car insurance and gas and internet and cell phone along with other bills that i have out here ..

I pay out here in northern Ca area where iam at right now in a socalled gated apt complex in a nice area of town where i live at ..The monthly sum of $.850.oo a month for rent for my studio with washer and dryer that was part of the standard appliances package that was in the place when i rented ..

i found my studio there in Manhattan for around $.1350.oo a month but i was looking hard at some of the areas and told the broker some the basic things that i could do without if i had to in the place and i did not care how small the place was and how many flight of steps i had to go up and down as long as it was under $.1500.oo a month ..

for i told i could live without a door man and other socalled things that some people wanted in the building along with some of the local places haveing some of the basic list of services in the area that i would need to have for basic fuctions of dry cleaning and laundry and shopping for food and internet service and electric for the place ..so i guess i lucked out on the deal on the finding of my place ..
Have you included the bushels of WEED you obviously smoke in your monthly expenses? Just asking.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:03 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad81 View Post
Have you included the bushels of WEED you obviously smoke in your monthly expenses? Just asking.
I can tell you he's really saving money with the English as A Second Language classes.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM

no i do not smoke weed for we have random monthly drug test because i work around money in my job we not allowed to any form of drugs that includes presecription pain killers..if we are put on anytype of presecrition pain meds we are moved from handleing any money ..

but there are people who live in the complex who have the socalled medical marjiuana i.d. card for it .they just pot heads before they got the whole medical i.d card ..

it a big scam out here for people to get the card who do not have any medical issuse what so ever ..for the card cost around $.80 bucks and you legaly to have up 16.ozs of medical package marjiuna ..

Old 12-07-2010, 04:26 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Someone here really can't understand sarcasm/english. And stop starting sentences with "for" it makes you sounds like a 17th century novelist. Also $.80 is 80 Cents not 80 Dollars. If you want to express a price like that it's $80.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Someone here really can't understand sarcasm/english. And stop starting sentences with "for" it makes you sounds like a 17th century novelist. Also $.80 is 80 Cents not 80 Dollars. If you want to express a price like that it's $80.
Yes i do understand the Scarcasm of what you do write in your replys but i chose not to respond to it in a post .

Old 12-10-2010, 02:31 PM

43 posts, read 85,347 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who doesn't see a $200 as outrageous? My friend got an $800 increase on her 3 bedroom so they moved out. My rent increase was $100. I assume you are paying very minimal and it seems shocking, but for me the increas form $2300 to $2400 or even $2500 didn't seem like a big deal
I had a discussion with a broker about rent increases recently and she says that a lot of times landlords will quash and increase or even decrease rent if a decent tenant threatens to leave. The cost of remodeling or fixing up an apartment, brokers fees, and lost rent is not worth losing a decent tenant to a landlord unless the rent is hugely below market rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City