Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:46 AM

7 posts, read 105,187 times

Advertisements

Hi (:
I would like to move to Flatbush, Brooklyn, cause i've found a really nice home, but i live in Europe and i don't know how is the area? is it safe?
The hause is really cheap and seems good furnished, i really like it but i can't understand why it is so cheap... The only reason that i can imagine is that the area is bad.. who has some information about it??

Thanksss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 AM

ps: i'm 19 years old and my friend who will come with me is 22...

Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 PM

43 posts, read 85,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathy0110 View Post
Hi (:
I would like to move to Flatbush, Brooklyn, cause i've found a really nice home, but i live in Europe and i don't know how is the area? is it safe?
The hause is really cheap and seems good furnished, i really like it but i can't understand why it is so cheap... The only reason that i can imagine is that the area is bad.. who has some information about it??

Thanksss
Flatbush is generally not considered a nice area. Are you planning to buy or rent? Why are you moving? Is work or family nearby? I once nearly beat up a guy on Flatbush Ave. for cutting me off. It's crazy there...

Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 PM

71 posts, read 224,737 times
I think it depends on where in flatbush your moving to. If your moving into the ditmas park area, your in for a great time. Good restaurants are bars are slowly popping up there, but towards east flatbush I would stay away from unless I have a gun and a posse of big guys. Too many gangs and violent crimes there. Plus you can easily get run over by those dollar vans.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times
Yeah Flatbush really is a pretty general term for such a broad area. You need to tell us the streets. I will say that if you found such a nice place for so cheap, then there probably is a reason for that.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:36 PM

20 posts, read 69,240 times
where in flatbush they have safe and unsafe areas

Old 12-15-2010, 08:29 AM

I'm sorry that i answer so late, i'm moving there for studying, i've found a school in Manhattan, and i wanted to rent that house.
The house's area is pretty near to Beverly Road/Nostrand Avenue Lott Street, 10 minutes by walk.
if someone would like to have a look: URBANLIVING, New York / Brooklyn / Flatbush / 11226, Lott Street, Casa 2 camere, Beverly Road/Nostrand Avenue
Thanks so much for help me and sorry for my english

Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 AM

176 posts, read 729,728 times
contrary to what most might say, if you found a nice affordable house in that area you will be fine. If you are driving it will be a bit crazy if not everything should be good. There are alot of West Indians that live in that area they dont bother anyone, dont walk around with flashy stuff because during this time of year anyone will rob even a nice kid in subway. you should fine there there are many people moving to that area because it is mostly affordable.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 AM

138 posts, read 373,368 times
i don't think you should ask any questions here regarding a neighbordhood and safety, people here tend to lie. when i was planning on moving to brooklyn what i did was search up apartments on youtube, and some of the apartments posted had phone numbers of the owner/renter you could call, thats what i did and i was given some great advice on surrounding areas, i was planning on moving to jefferson avenue not that far from bedstuy. i suggest you speak to someone who currently lives or has lived in flatbush for the past 2-3 years. I've been to flat bush before and i have a friend who lives in flatbush and he tells me it's an okay area it's pretty "ghetto" as he likes to say but if you mind your business don't wander off TOO late at night(too late being 3am-4am) you will be fine. people will not beat you up just because you look a certain way in flatbush, we are long past those days

Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 AM

Thank you soo much guys (:
But i'm a little bit scared, cause we i went to NYC last summer, the first thing that happened when my mother and I stepped out from the taxi a man tried to grab my mother's bag :O
I live in Switzerland so i'm not use to this kind of things and they really scared me, but i can't afford an apartment that it cost 2'000 or 3'000 $ per month, so i have too look for something cheaper but it can happen that i found it in bad areas... A guy who lives there told me that Harlem is a bad area and that i shouldn't go there... so i thought that maybe also Flatbush is a bad area... but apparently is not..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City