Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

13 posts, read 22,013 times

Advertisements

if i could please get more answers i would appreciate it. but thank you so far all your answers have been very informative. but i hear many negatives towards mott haven due to drugs and shootings? and i did my research and found out that bed stuy has been improving and they have been adding security cameras at the end of "blocks".

Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Crime is not the same. I'd agree is not like going from heaven to hell, but Mott Haven is more dangerous, albeit not by a large margin. There is no way around it.

Also, don't have the numbers to back me up but i'm pretty sure that Mott Haven is lower income. As a) it has way more housing projects and b) has seen way less gentrification. Why do you think it's going to be cheaper?

And while there has been more investment, these have really happened more towards Melrose. In fact, can you show me investments in Mott Haven (which I consider below 149th st), not calling you out....just curious.

Also if there has been investment, it's probably just to eliminate vacant lots in the area. I'd guess that it caters to low income people. So homeless shelters and drug rehabs are probably as far as it got.

Look Guy, I know you're a Mott Haven fan boy. But you have to be fair in these discussions. Personally, I think both neighborhoods suck. But for the OP, im just laying out FACTS that he can use to make his decision. Saying things like MH is safer than BS is using bias. So more FACTS please!

Also, since he is a hipster, I believe Bed-Stuy would be more to his liking. But he is Dominican, so maybe he prefers being around hispanics and in that case, I'd just move to Port Morris.
to the contrary i dont prefer being around hispanics, I know my own kind and it's usually them who like to betray and steal from one another. I get a long very well with african americans/"blacks" but i'm not trying to make this in any way a racial discussion.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,372,483 times
Mott Haven has also been improving, most neighborhoods in general have been, with few exceptions as of late, East NY being a shining example. Mott Haven, and the Bronx in general, gets alot of bad press, but Brooklyn does not because it has a great marketing machine. Brooklyn hoods, however, are the highest in crime and murder...and have been for years...but that's not something that people talk about cuz it does not make for good marketing.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,069,701 times
OMG,Android,you're back.... with another Bed Stuy query.
I saw your new profile photo but I think I liked the old one better
Anyway,glad you weren't gone for too long.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
OMG,Android,you're back.... with another Bed Stuy query.
I saw your new profile photo but I think I liked the old one better
Anyway,glad you weren't gone for too long.
OH MY GOD! that was suppose to be topsecret information, and which old profile picture the one of me or the one of amber rose?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicanhipster18 View Post
OH MY GOD! that was suppose to be topsecret information, and which old profile picture the one of me or the one of amber rose?
Probably amber rose.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Oh,by the way,you once posted about finding a "1 br studio" in Bed Stuy. Just so you will know ,the term 1 br studio is just real estate bs for a regular old studio apartment(no real bedroom).So don't be comparing prices for a "1 br studio" anywhere with the prices of real 1 br apartments.
If you are looking for a studio apartment you can find plenty of nice one's in the BX in nice neighborhoods for 750 to 800/mo.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Probably amber rose.
with the cigarette that was amber rose, with the blue glasses that was me

Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicanhipster18 View Post
with the cigarette that was amber rose, with the blue glasses that was me
Definitely had a cigarette and really nice shoes !

Old 12-10-2010, 10:39 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Mott Haven has also been improving, most neighborhoods in general have been, with few exceptions as of late, East NY being a shining example. Mott Haven, and the Bronx in general, gets alot of bad press, but Brooklyn does not because it has a great marketing machine. Brooklyn hoods, however, are the highest in crime and murder...and have been for years...but that's not something that people talk about cuz it does not make for good marketing.

is it marketing machine?

Brooklyn has A. shorter commutes to downtown, I think, if not to midtown

B. Places like Bed stuy have proximity to places like Williamsburg, Park Slope, etc that already have significant amenities I guess from the south bronx you can go to the UES.

C. Brooklyn has some really nice architecture. A couple of weeks ago DW and I drove from S williamsburg to the BPL down Nostrand, and we saw some really amazing looking buildings (not just the brownstones). The bronx may have some too, if so they should promote them more.

D. Cultural institutions - Brooklyn has BBG, BPL, TBM, BAM, Pratt. Probably others I dont know. Oh, and the Aquarium. Against that Bronx has NYBG, and the zoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City