Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:28 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times

Advertisements

Time for a lighthearted thread.

List the places you've lived in order, from your birth city to your current neighborhood in NYC. (If you've lived here all your life and have moved around different boroughs/neighborhoods, list 'em!)

Pittsburgh, PA (born) > Indianapolis, IN > East Syracuse, NY > Princeton, NJ > Philadelphia, PA (college) > Hamilton Heights, NYC

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 09:05 AM

917 posts, read 2,947,256 times
Goodness, this thread has made me realize how transient I am!

Alright, here goes:

Lake Arrowhead, CA- Strasbourg, France- Frankfurt, Germany- Yugoslavia (back in 86 when it still existed)- San Bernardino, CA- Fort Collins, CO- Claremont, CA- Brunswick, ME- London, UK- Manchester, UK- Hamilton Heights & now UWS. We'll probably move again a year and a half depending on where my fiance gets into grad school.

There was a lot of back and forth in there as well. I recently figured out that the longest I lived in one place was a 6 year period for middle school and high school. Aside from that, the longest I've been in one place is 16 months.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:18 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
Goodness, this thread has made me realize how transient I am!

Alright, here goes:

Lake Arrowhead, CA- Strasbourg, France- Frankfurt, Germany- Yugoslavia (back in 86 when it still existed)- San Bernardino, CA- Fort Collins, CO- Claremont, CA- Brunswick, ME- London, UK- Manchester, UK- Hamilton Heights & now UWS. We'll probably move again a year and a half depending on where my fiance gets into grad school.

There was a lot of back and forth in there as well. I recently figured out that the longest I lived in one place was a 6 year period for middle school and high school. Aside from that, the longest I've been in one place is 16 months.
Lucky you! I'd love to live outside of the country for at least part of my life.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:44 AM

442 posts, read 1,296,611 times
queens, long island, >> and japan and NC when i was in the military. >> im back in queens. feels good to be home

Old 12-11-2010, 01:23 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,846 times
here goes Springdale Utah to Ft Beening Ga to Berlin Germany to Frankfurt Germany to Fort Brag NC to Korea to Chicago Ill to Phx Az at 52nd street and McDowell Rd to allover Central and South America dureing the drug war years to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in the first gulf war to Los Vegas Neveda to Maimi FL to Greensboro NC to Gold Coast Miss to Detroit Mich to Northern Ca and now the finial move to the New York city before retirement

Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 PM

917 posts, read 2,947,256 times
I definitely loved having the experience, although it made me appreciate living in the US a lot as well. It really helps you put your life and attitude in perspective when you realize that there is no such thing as a "perfect" place to live. There have been things I've loved and hated about every place I've been. Instead, I've learned to make the best of every place I've lived and so far no regrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Lucky you! I'd love to live outside of the country for at least part of my life.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:03 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Brooklyn, NY (birth)>, Brussells,Belgium>, Dominican Republic>, Brooklyn Heights and Clinton Hill, NY>, Ft Lauderdale, FL>, Orlando, FL> Ft Lauderdale, FL> Atlanta, GA......

Getting an offer for a short term assigment back to NYC. Not sure I'll budge this time. I got accustomed to some things in the south. Nothing a plane ticket can't cure, for a few days back home in NYC.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,384 times
Albany, NY -> Rochester, NY-> Auckland, New Zealand -> Rochester, NY -> Newark, NJ -> Brooklyn, NY

I would love to go back to New Zealand, but am loving living in Brooklyn for now.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:57 PM

25 posts, read 103,358 times
London
Rome
Boca Raton/Fort Lauderdale FL
Atlanta
Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale
NYC summer '11!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:04 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
Born: Upper East Side, NYC> Orlando, FL (moved at age 3)> Midtown East, NYC (age 18, for college)> Roosevelt Island, NYC (current, still in college).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City