Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,927,870 times

Advertisements

2 times a day... driving there.. and driving back!! There will most likely be more than 1 episode during those 2 periods..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 960,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Also I hate when the pedestrians are crossing thinking that they own the streets. The light is green and they cross like if it's nothing.

There's been times where I've been crossing the street and the light will change when I'm almost on the other side and it's like people are TRYING to hit me, lol. But nothing compares to the way pedestrians just take over the walkway like some kind of (un)organized revolt. It's hard for me to hold a grudge against drivers considering that, lol.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:31 AM

187 posts, read 449,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Most NYC drivers are insane.
Thanks for the compliment. I have driven in the city for the past 15 years (mostly, on weekends). I find it very convenient since the subway do not run well on weekends, and waiting for a subway train in either summer heat or winter cold, while observing the rats chasing each other on the tracks or smelling the not-so-clean garbage pale nearby, is not something I love to do.
Also, driving makes getting to the beaches and the suburban attractions, as well as the more remote areas of the city much easier. Sunday is the easiest day for driving since the meter parking is mostly free.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,927,870 times
Let me know of any person who will drive thru Chinatown like I do daily and not curse!!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 AM

138 posts, read 373,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Let me know of any person who will drive thru Chinatown like I do daily and not curse!!
lol i feel you on that one, even walking in chinatown is ANNOYING/TERRIBLE

Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
The worst drivers are those who use their horns for no rhyme or reason. Like when you are at a red light and the
car behind you honks the second the light turns green,

There are more nuts behind the wheel of a car then in a fruitcake.
Well when the light is green it means go… It does not means brake there until the light changes to red again lol.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,036,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neongumbo View Post
lol i feel you on that one, even walking in chinatown is ANNOYING/TERRIBLE
I agree, walking in Chinatown is very annoying.

My rule of thumb is to avoid anything that has the word "square" in its name, as they are extremely crowded areas and are annoying to walk around in. Times Square, Herald Square, Union Square, Washington Square (to a lesser extent), etc.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
I agree, walking in Chinatown is very annoying.

My rule of thumb is to avoid anything that has the word "square" in its name, as they are extremely crowded areas and are annoying to walk around in. Times Square, Herald Square, Union Square, Washington Square (to a lesser extent), etc.
I love washington square mainly because it's never or slightly crowded when i'm walking around there, during the summer it's a little intense but never as bad as china town. and i love the urban outfitters thats next right by washington square

Old 12-16-2010, 11:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Also I hate when the pedestrians are crossing thinking that they own the streets. The light is green and they cross like if it's nothing.
I guess I have to assume that you've got a legitimate New York driver's license, so that you know the rules of the road. When the light is green, pedestrians happen to have the right of way. They can cross the street any way they want to.

A little bit more than a year ago, I was hit by a car right across the street from my building. I had the light--the idiot behind the wheel evidently thought he'd stopped long enough, so he took off. Red lights apparently weren't a big concern to him. I never had a chance to get out of the way. I consider myself lucky that I wasn't seriously injured...and the driver was even more lucky that he never stopped, because if I'd had the chance to get my hands anywhere near his throat, he would've had plenty to think about.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I guess I have to assume that you've got a legitimate New York driver's license, so that you know the rules of the road. When the light is green, pedestrians happen to have the right of way. They can cross the street any way they want to.

A little bit more than a year ago, I was hit by a car right across the street from my building. I had the light--the idiot behind the wheel evidently thought he'd stopped long enough, so he took off. Red lights apparently weren't a big concern to him. I never had a chance to get out of the way. I consider myself lucky that I wasn't seriously injured...and the driver was even more lucky that he never stopped, because if I'd had the chance to get my hands anywhere near his throat, he would've had plenty to think about.
woah glad to know you're okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City