Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,451 times

Advertisements

A Restaurant in the Bronx is selling alcohol to minors with no problem, I went there to get something to eat, but I could n"t believe my eyes to much drugs in there and I saw a bunch of teenagers buying alcohol like there was no tomorrow, and I decide to make a report. Please let me know can can I do... Moderator cut: No names, please.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-16-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 02:48 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Given the illegal activity present, I would say that you should report the establishment to the police. You can report an anonymous tip via phone, or Internet, through the NYPD's website.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-16-2010, 04:52 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,846 times
Look up the New York state liquor authority and give them a call ..you will not see much from them or think they are doing something but in the end they are going to look at the place and they will send in undercover agent to investigate the place

the phone number is 212 961 8378 give them a call since you are in zone one of the state liguor lics and permits ..

Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,292,023 times
Call 311.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM

138 posts, read 373,386 times
easy and simple just call 311

Old 12-16-2010, 09:04 AM

69 posts, read 156,159 times
Umm kids will always find a way to buy, better to have them in an establishment then on the street

Old 12-16-2010, 10:06 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karissa Brennan View Post
A Restaurant in the Bronx is selling alcohol to minors with no problem, I went there to get something to eat, but I could n"t believe my eyes to much drugs in there and I saw a bunch of teenagers buying alcohol like there was no tomorrow, and I decide to make a report. Please let me know can can I do... Moderator cut: No names, please.
You're supposed to report these places to the New York State Liquor Authority. Be warned though - when you call they will be extremely rude. I reported a restaurant recently and the first person hung up on me. Then when I called back she sighed and yelled to someone "hey do you want to take this complaint because I don't".
Then when I finally got the person on the other end it was like a chore for them to take my complaint. Why do we even have these 'Complaint Hotlines' if they can't be bothered to register the complaint.
Anyway, not sure of the Police would be of any help. It's really not a priority for them I'm sure.
Good Luck.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
Look up the New York state liquor authority and give them a call ..you will not see much from them or think they are doing something but in the end they are going to look at the place and they will send in undercover agent to investigate the place

the phone number is 212 961 8378 give them a call since you are in zone one of the state liguor lics and permits ..
See my other post. They aren't of much help.
Better to log the complaint on their website (which is what I ended up doing). Welcome | New York State Liquor Authority

Old 12-16-2010, 02:43 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
Anyway, not sure of the Police would be of any help. It's really not a priority for them I'm sure.
True, for the liquor, they may not be a priority, but the OP said there was also drug activity in the establishment, hence the reason why I'd call the police.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-16-2010, 03:42 PM

818 posts, read 1,386,926 times
Call the cops, tell them. Game over for the restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City