Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times

Advertisements

I actually have a legitimate, yet very simple question about tight jeans that these "dudes" wear.........how the fack do they put them on?? Now I'm not talking about jeans that fit. That's what I wear. I don't wear baggy jeans. I'm talkin bout the incredibly skin tight jeans that may as well be painted on. I'd find a picture if I wasn't on my phone, but you all know what I'm talkin bout. I watch my girl put on tight jeans sometimes and see how difficult it looks. So that is where my question comes from. Do you have to suck up your package into your gut? Or perhaps remove it for the day? Or are these fellas not workin with much for the most part?

Perhaps ohiogirl22 can shed some light on the subject.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 03:35 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,956 times
Lol. I don't know, but for some reason, top quality black denim seems to have a flattering quasi-stretchy-je-ne-sais-quoi to it. Those really tight ones you're referring to tend to be black or off-black denim (based on my observations) ...I'm guessing during manufacturing, they're somehow able to "up" the stretchiness and then separate those from "regular" jeans My best-fitting jeans are black denim. Durable (they're not new), soft, flattering. Just right - Not too tight

Old 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
This is how I look at it: At least I'm away from the Hillbillies.

Would you like all the Hillbillies to move into your neighborhood? I think not!
I lived in Riverdale part of the Bronx until i was 15, then we moved to Morris County,NJ. I still say stoop, i can still taste egg creams and black and whites, i loved the city. I also love hillbillies!!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 04:14 PM

48 posts, read 108,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
word. lol@pussification

lmao. she kills me.

wow.....i cannot explain to you how unimportant your opinion is. Blacks came when there was a social and emotional need for a safe haven for black culture, not to mention a literal safe place. Hipsters come to look cool in the hood. It may not be their plan to move out blacks and Hispanics, but thats whats happening anyway. I'm a southerner myself and I know the reason alot of them don't like NYers to move into their homes is the same reason we don't like hipsters up here: they take away culture, or in a NYer going down south, they make their culture seem better.

p.s.:as a part of the race that was enslaved for hundreds of years on this side of the world, I could care less about what the other guy wanted.
You misunderstood the point. Pretty much I meant we can't complain about the people who move in when it was never the same constant groups to begin with. And tell me how my opinion is any more unimportant than yours? You said you're a southerner, look at some past threads where they mention resentment towards transplants from the south and midwest, so tell me why u think yours is any better. Btw, you were not enslaved, and those times are long gone so looks like your opinion on "what the other guy wanted" is unimportant either.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspironmini View Post
In a more general sense of things, this nostalgia isn't unique to New York. It's everywhere across the country. It's really a strange phenomenon and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

In every single decade there are those people (usually in their 40's and up) who miss the "good old days".

People here miss the "good old days" of NYC in the 1970s and 80s because it was "real" and "gritty". When Harlem was all-black and didn't have hipsters and yuppies moving in to drive up rents.

Older people in the 1970's and 80's missed the "good old days" of NYC in the 1950's before those damned hip-hoppers were around with their loud boom-boxes and graffiti.

Older people in the 1950's miss the "good old days" of the 20's when NYC had exciting illegal taverns, a thriving jazz culture, etc. Before the depression hit and a confused post-war generation wandered the streets causing trouble.

Older people in the 20's miss the "good old days" of the turn of the century, when industry was booming and jobs were plentiful, and a man could work hard and make something of himself.

And on and on and on ad-infinitum. Get over it people! There were no "good old days", only the here and now. You can either accept it and enjoy it for what it is or turn into a crabby grinch and complain about how great things used to be before "the so-and-so's started moving in and changing everything".
You just summarized all my thoughts and put it in an even shorter/better way

Old 12-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
I tolerate and respect everyone and dont care what they do as long as they dont get in the way of me, my family, and my money.
Exactly, and I LOLed at the last one in the list

Old 12-27-2010, 04:39 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,094,351 times
My main gripe is against transplants... Is that they try to hard.

They come from generic places within the US, and than transport/impose that generic culture on too nyc.

The result is........Nyc contemplating a wal-mart in Brooklyn . NUFF SAID

Ten years ago that would have been laughed at. S.t is getting out of hand

People were talking about the Disneyfication of times square. And now look-A big ass disney store smack dab in Times Square, next to a forever 21

It has begun,,,, and its not looking good for the real new york

Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
transplants are taking away the goods jobs of many local new yorkers even those with Bachelors degrees like myself. So far thats my biggest complaint. I came across a guy at my job and he told at his firm its mostly transplants he wont higher New Yorkers because of attitudes and life styles.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
My main gripe is against transplants... Is that they try to hard.

They come from generic places within the US, and than transport/impose that generic culture on too nyc.

The result is........Nyc contemplating a wal-mart in Brooklyn . NUFF SAID

Ten years ago that would have been laughed at. S.t is getting out of hand

People were talking about the Disneyfication of times square. And now look-A big ass disney store smack dab in Times Square, next to a forever 21

It has begun,,,, and its not looking good for the real new york
The reason why I hate that location is because they demolished the Virgin Mega-Store. =/

I'm a huge music head and that was our last huge store smh.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,094,351 times
double post my bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City