Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times

Advertisements

I decided it's fun to catch scammers on CL. Here is another one. I'll leave the e-mail on just incase someone else comes across one of his lists.

Hi,

I was wondering if you had pictures of the apartment at Houston and Jane St. Also is it a walk up. Thanks!
OhioGirl

I will be getting pictures up next week. I am currently scheduling showings for next week.

Before I get your hopes up though, because of some shady past tenants, I will require a credit score number. It's a pretty simple thing to get and I have some recommendations from other landlords on some free sites. IdentityLookout.com | Credit Reports and Identity Protection (http://bestfreebies.ca/freecreditreport/1 - broken link) is one i have given to others.

Sorry about this, but I really want to avoid deadbeat tenants...

Thanks,

Sven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Look cute. My sister has a mirror like that. The tilt makes your look taller and better.
LOL, a magic mirror. I'd rather see the real me

Old 01-26-2011, 02:45 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
O MAN OHIO!
What a scam site.
I like the way they put Experian in the top right corner.

Looks so official.

I wonder how many people they get with this.

Good luck in your search.
Stay sharp young lady!
You have an eagle eye for this kinda *****!
Good for you

Old 01-27-2011, 10:41 AM

961 posts, read 2,464,414 times
Speaking of scam sites, whats up with these CL job listings. Of all the "Office Assistant" jobs I applied for 6 out of 10 sent back emails asking me if they can run my credit as a pre-interview screening. Is anyone else getting this? Is this something more common here in NY?

Old 01-27-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Speaking of scam sites, whats up with these CL job listings. Of all the "Office Assistant" jobs I applied for 6 out of 10 sent back emails asking me if they can run my credit as a pre-interview screening. Is anyone else getting this? Is this something more common here in NY?
That's a scam. Same as the apartment.s DO NOT DO IT.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM

LOL, trust me I know not to do it. I just want to know why they are so prevelant, it seems like they make up an extremely large portion of these ads, its getting ridiculous. Something has to be done, its so annoying when you just want a legitimate company to look at your credentials and you get an email back from some pr**k from a made up company. Sending out your resume is so time consuming, and these punks just eat up my time. Dang it CL, do something about this! Sorry I'm just venting, it makes the search discouraging. Anyone know how to look for a job from a legitimate company?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Whenever I see someone write "THANKS!" on Craigslist I get the vibe they're phony or psycho

Quote:
LOL, trust me I know not to do it. I just want to know why they are so prevelant, it seems like they make up an extremely large portion of these ads, its getting ridiculous. Something has to be done, its so annoying when you just want a legitimate company to look at your credentials and you get an email back from some pr**k from a made up company. Sending out your resume is so time consuming, and these punks just eat up my time. Dang it CL, do something about this! Sorry I'm just venting, it makes the search discouraging. Anyone know how to look for a job from a legitimate company?
Lots of entities gather resumes under the smokescreen of helping jobseekers, but part of that action is "mining" the "Experience" section because it lists companies - Your old ones.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:31 AM

The relator came to look at my apartment today. Looks like they are going ahead with selling it. I have an appointment to see another apartment tomorrow. Anyone live in the 90's and lexington? I am viewing a studio for $2200 tomorrow and it looks nice.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Whenever I see someone write "THANKS!" on Craigslist I get the vibe they're phony or psycho

Lots of entities gather resumes under the smokescreen of helping jobseekers, but part of that action is "mining" the "Experience" section because it lists companies - Your old ones.
Good call, I'll look out for that.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Good call, I'll look out for that.
I wonder what happens after the mining happens Like, are they just trying to keep current on which industries are firing, etc Y'know for "informational purposes" and the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City